Megabass imitations

FisherT

Came across these on ebay and I bought a few of them. Must admit I am pretty impressed with them. They are almost identicle to Megabass anthraxs but cost a fraction of the price. Whats your thoughts ?

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Upsidedown-Minnow-Lure-lures-Bream-Bass-Trout-Perch-Similar-To-Megabass-Anthrax-/271367852513?pt=AU_Accessories_Tackle&var=&hash=item3f2ec8d1e1

Cheers

Don't forget to add in the cost of upgrading the hooks and rings. The plastic in the copies will be poor compared to the original and won't last too long from either impact with snags or deformation from heat. At the end of the day if you get a few fish on them and you're satisfied that's all that matters.

They look ok, but I honestly wouldnt bother with them, an anthrax costs $35 or close to, but how many are you going to lose? I fish heaps and other than the odd plastic I cant remember the last time I lost an expensive lure, in fact I have some lures that have caught me more than 20 jacks and still go strong, works out to barely $1 per fish.

Also the R&D that goes into an anthrax or any other lure made by the famous japanese brands is significant, and in my opinion makes those lures account for more fish in the hands of a reasonably skilled fisherman. If it gets you out on the water having a crack go for it, but if you can afford the real deal, if only one, go that route, you wont regret it.

Archived