Last few outings

fishfx

Was thinking my previous river snapper PB would be with me for a while but managed to just beat it the other week.This one went 88cm and got my new livie combo (4000 Thunnus /Majorcraft Crostage) really screaming. Live poddy mullet seems to be a counting for the real big ones lately as the river prawns have been scarce so hopefully with the moon approaching this might change.

post-11225-144599028068_thumb.jpg

post-11225-144599028082_thumb.jpg

Caught this one with the ever reliable skin blue shad.

post-11225-144599028092_thumb.jpg

Headed down to Evans head over the Australia day weekend and didn't the wind just blow and blow so there was no chance of heading out through the bar in the little tinny but learnt a lot watching some muppets try.Looks an easy crossing a first sight but you could really come unstuck on a run out tide as its pretty narrow. Went for a night sesh to avoid the crowds off the bridge working my way towards the south rock wall on foot and was rewarded by a cricket score of bream best going 32cm on just about every lure i threw.

post-11225-14459902811_thumb.jpg

Last but not least took a friend out on Saturday to see if we could get him on to a big snaps and after dealing with many half eaten livies we watch his line load up then go slack then load up then go slack this goes on for 5 min until he says i'm bringing this in. One crank was all it took and Wham! 10 minutes later and this was on the boat plus a broken landing net but that is how they should go.

post-11225-144599028101_thumb.jpg

Hi Kel

Using 30 pound tough trace with a 00 sinker give me a call if you want to know more 0405506333. Heading out Sunday morning tag along if you like.

Cheers for the offer mate, was only just pondering whether I'll pop out for a quick session this weekend. Not sure yet as am hoping if the weather is OK to go down to Palmy and chase macks next weekend so I guess will have to make my mind up over the next couple of days (won't get the green light for both from the 'boss') ......

Archived