Charter's and Fishing the spit last sat.

toadie84au

Hey guys just wondering what charter's you would recommend from Goldie.

Never been on a charter before and 3 of us are interested in heading out for a half day and i would rather make sure we book with some friendly and knowledgeable skipper than with one who is just there for the cash :P

2 of us know what were doing with tying knots, baiting up, and some skills with trolling ect but the other fella knows NOTHING about fishing so hpefully the charter is friendly enough to look after him and lend him a hand and teach him somthing :P

anyway big thanks ahead of the replies :P

edit; Also spent the day off the Pay to fish sand pumping thing at the spit on saturday.. few people fishing off it and i decided to give it a whirl.. 1 undersized whiting was the best myself and my mate came up with for the day in 6 hours. took a stroll all the way to the end and the fellas up there were simply catching herring or somthing to use as bait elsewhere as they were all catching squat as well.

so overall that particular spot seemed dead :(

at least the missus and kid got a nice day on the beach tho

Mate does it have to be Goldy?

Or are you just after reef fish etc?

The reason i ask is i have been chatting to the guys from Brisbane Bay Tours a lot lately and they have been doing really well outside from Moreton. Despite their name they dont just do bay.

But long story short they will customise a package for you to suit what you want. From bouncing plastics at mud to going outside after bigger fish.

Give Danny or Darren a call on 3904 7106 or 0419178208.

Easy going guys good to talk to.

Cheers.

Angus

sand pumping jetty is no good for much except bait during the day try it at night

jig up some yellowtail and fillet them and cut the fillets into strips

use the strips unweighted on a 1/0 hook flick the bait under the jetty or close to the pylons

put out some heavy gear with a livey on it while stripbaiting

Archived