Abu Garcia Revo 3 vs shimano curado vs Daiwa saltist

Mr alvey

I'm Looking to buy a good quality low profile baitcaster for barra & jacks. I've narrowed down my choices to the abu Revo inshore 3 which looks the most comfortable to use , the shimano curado which I know has a reputation as a solid barra reel and the Daiwa saltist which also looks pretty good . Does anyone have any input on this as I'm pretty new to baitcasters and I want something that's gonna last and be nice and comfortable to use

Cheers Sam

Pretty hard to go wrong with any of those.

I use curado's but mine are the old work horses before shimano grudgingly added a few more bearings to keep up with the competition.

If I was buying another reel it would probably be the abu, as its hard to go past the drag on those babies, but then again I've never found the curado drag wanting.

I use daiwa's for most of my bass fishing, and love them, but have no experience of Saltists.

I have a curado that I purchased a couple of years ago for a trip to the Cape which didn't happen for me because of work commitments so it is untested on barra or jacks but has performed well on snapper and flathead. I am heading up to the Cape in a fortnight so hope to have better info after that trip. When I was researching that purchase, the revo had some pretty good reviews on barra forums I was looking at and as Binder said, it is hard to go past Daiwa reels. The only reason I went for the shimano was I got a great deal on the curado and a live fibre rod. I don't think you would be let down by any of those 3 choices for the price.

Archived