Camping Suggestions for Christmas W/ the Boat

STKE

Howdy!

That time has come around again and I better get my **** into gear and book Christmas camping

I'm looking if anyone can shout me some suggestions with the bellow things in mind.

- I'd Like to take the boat, as there is only so many conversation's you can have with you're in-laws

- Fraser, Morton & Stradbroke camping will be to expensive (in terms of ferry fee's)

- happy to travel north or south with-in reason

- typically as quite as possible (although I understand this will be hard)

- It's only for 4 people with 2 4wd's and the boat in tow.

- Camping fee's have to be reasonable

I think the in-laws are happy to do Inskip point, but I've just had a bit off a google search for reviews and it's turned my off especially that I'll have the boat and thefts are common.

4.5M Clark Centre Console with a 40Hp

Further investigation I'm looking into Burrum heads. The caravan park for 5 nights 4 people is $260 and right on the water in the heart of town, so that might be a goer depending on availability.

Depending on conditions too, I would have a vast option for fishing options. I wouldn't think 8 mile reef wouldn't be out of reach depending on conditions.

Hi mate, I can recommend Burrum as atop little spot. Great for boating, very friendly and has most things you need. Lots of fishing options but can be a bit quiet for some. I have been going there every January for donkey's years and still look forward to it.

Steve do you mean the fishing can be a bit quiet or the town? Watching these replies with interest as I'll hopefully be doing these sort of holidays in about 3-4 years time (once kids are at the right age).

Is the motor 2 or 4 stroke?

If you stay at Burrum, its pretty open, but if the wind is up, Lenthalls is only a 30 minute run, but your motor would have to be 4 stroke.

there are 2 parks at Burrum, one is truly on the water, the other, one corner has some frontage. They are both good easy walking tot he local shops etc.

Thanks for the help everyone

After Begging the caravan manager we managed to get the very last site at Burrum Heads.

We used to stay in a house up there for a week at Christmas when we were kids. Funny enough the same house is still available.

Will be nice to go back.

Looks like a new pelagic combo will be on the wish list for Christmas :)

Hi Kelvin, a bit of both. That time of year you tend to get a lot of NE winds that make getting out of the river more difficult. Fishing in the river is patchy but can be rewarding once you work out where, when and how to fish it. The town is pretty quiet but that is what I like about it. If your kids are happy with fishing and swimming, this is a great place to go, but if they are more into fun parks and movies, you may want to think about another destination.

Hi mate, I can recommend Burrum as atop little spot. Great for boating, very friendly and has most things you need. Lots of fishing options but can be a bit quiet for some. I have been going there every January for donkey's years and still look forward to it.

Steve do you mean the fishing can be a bit quiet or the town? Watching these replies with interest as I'll hopefully be doing these sort of holidays in about 3-4 years time (once kids are at the right age).

Is the motor 2 or 4 stroke?

If you stay at Burrum, its pretty open, but if the wind is up, Lenthalls is only a 30 minute run, but your motor would have to be 4 stroke.

there are 2 parks at Burrum, one is truly on the water, the other, one corner has some frontage. They are both good easy walking tot he local shops etc.

It's two stoke. But I have a 35L in floor tank + another 10L spare Jerry for any emergency. Surprising it's quite fuel efficient but I'd be keeping an eye on it. I don't think heading out to the 8 Mile reef if we have a good day will be any issue. Or at least putting around out the front for a bit, to see if there is any pelagic action.

We managed to get on the water front park, so very very lucky

Archived