15-20hp outboard

samsteele115

I take it insurance didn't cover your outboard?

Nope. Wasn't listed in my car insurance policy. Doh. Lucky it was just a cheap tinny and now I know for next time.

Oh well I'm saving up for a whole new rig now so I'm not sad anymore, just excited :woohoo:

Good luck man! What you doing with the old donk?

At this stage the plan is to take the outboard to wreckers and try and get some coin from parts, and will sell the hull and trailer together without outboard obviously.

Got a price in your head for the powerhead(Top half of your outboard)? I've got a new river boat, but I currently don't have an engine.

No idea mate, my grandma probably knows more about outboards than me. I will get back to you.

All I can say is the whole thing was in really good condition prior to the accident.

I got a price in my head of around $350 considering the damage I saw and the parts required to restore to working without knowing what damage occured to the power head and surrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
No idea mate, my grandma probably knows more about outboards than me. I will get back to you.

All I can say is the whole thing was in really good condition prior to the accident.

I got a price in my head of around $350 considering the damage I saw and the parts required to restore to working without knowing what damage occured to the power head and surrounds.

Sorry Julian I forgot to get back to you! I made a call and I may be able to get $500 for the whole outboard apparently. Would you be interested in that for the whole thing? $450 and it's all yours (afo discount) :P

Sorry Julian I forgot to get back to you! I made a call and I may be able to get $500 for the whole outboard apparently. Would you be interested in that for the whole thing? $450 and it's all yours (afo discount) :P

Thanks mate! I'd first try and sell it with who you spoke to. I can't go over the $350 with the amount of unknows about it.

Archived