Caboolture River 31/2/2015

STKE

Howdy!

No photos sorry

Blew the dust of the boat as it's been a month since it's been used.

Picked up future father about 1pm in law and headed to the river with both pots and shark rods for a good feed.

Surprising to find the whole river was VERY fresh, water very very brown. Yabbies weren't an issue and we are going to be in for a great prawn season as every cast of the cast net in every location had small banana's jumping out. Gathered a few poddies for shark bait too.

Crabbing was a bit tough, most crabs were deep in the main channels and not in the creeks. Fishing was slow but every bream was legal, plenty of forkies too due to water quality. Few just under grunter too which was a nice surprise.

Got 1, 70~80cm bully, I don't bother measuring them as the head comes off to quick & I like my fingers and toes intact.

Although I don't know what it's called when we got back to the ramp it's pitch black (no lights) and the water when you walked through it glowed. It wouldn't only glow if you stirred it up. Was very cool

Smile for the camera kids

post-10385-144599096753_thumb.jpg

That bully's head looks awesome man. It looks like he is smiling at you.

Bet you he loved every second of been decapitated lol

Flake is my favorite. Easy to clean, easy to cook with and best chewing of all.

Just saw a report from another forum that there are some good size prawns around Macleay island.

Give it 2 weeks and it will be on.

Demarc is spot on, I had no idea either.

Last year we got them between Macleay and Kangaroo Island. Where the ferry goes to Macleay have to watch out for it each time it comes through. I saw everyone casting and started from there. From memory have at least 15-20m of rope.

Demarc is spot on, I had no idea either.

Last year we got them between Macleay and Kangaroo Island. Where the ferry goes to Macleay have to watch out for it each time it comes through. I saw everyone casting and started from there. From memory have at least 15-20m of rope.

Another spot they went off in was Marks Rocks in the Logan River. I didn't know this but it's my killer bream spot. Me and some mates were there anchored up bagging out on em when all of a sudden all these boats were around me chasing the schools. You can literally see the prawns on the sounder there were that many. I kinda got the shits with the people though as they weren't paying attention to their drifts and were constanly coming too close for comfort to my boat.

Hi STKE

its called phosphorescence when the water lights up like that at night.

Ah that was mentioned to me but I forgot what it was, thanks for that.

Cheers for the link Wayne. Might see how time goes, might make a trip of it.

I need to buy a new mono cast net, my last one found a rock a decided it wanted to permanently attached it's self to it and ripped it's self to the buggery.

I've got a nylon but the can be pretty horrible to use sometimes. They had 20% off on Saturday too at BCF, just didn't think.

Archived