Pine river Bass

Inspiredbyfishing

I am still trying on the bass in the pine, yet to catch one but i think this weekend I am in with a good chance. I am posting to see what has been doing the damage this summer on the bass in the pine in the way of plastics and HB's. I am really keen to catch my first bass but i need that little bit of advice about lures.

Thanks, Dom

Try some jackall chubbies in shallow and deep ( not the cheapest lures but well worth the money ) also some beetle spins and cast them into shady areas and undercut banks , remember to work them at a slow to medium pace see what works ontheday, don't be afraid to work them very slowly remember there bass not barra, also take plenty of pics too

There not very fussy. When I started I just went to a local tackle shop and explained I needed some advise and then bought the lures they recommend. Still have them and they catch fish.

The brands suggested to me and have worked well.

Pontoon 21 Our sponsor can help here Zim man Searing tackle I like the greedy guts.

Maria minnows.

Temico soft shell cicada for the surface has caught most of my bass and easy to use. For a little more angler participation the Lucky Craft Sammy 65. Learn the walk the dog retrieve off you tube.

Beetle spins lures are cheap and work very well.

Or the cheapest is the soft plastics see "King of the creek" report for sizes and photos

To increase your chances fish the peak times dawn and dusk and fish the shadows. Take note of the direction of the flow of the river. If possible approach from down stream and cast up stream. The fish in most cases are facing upstream looking for the food to pass by them. Aim to cast your lure 2 meters past the snag so when the lure passes the fish it is in the strike zone.

Accurate casting will improve the amount of strikes you get. Any where there is a steep bank the bass can be hard up again the bank using it as cover. Casting hard up against the banks can often result in reaction strikes as you land the lure on the fishes head.

And last but not least watch the barometric pressure and the weather maps to see when an approaching high pressure systems is following low pressure. The sudden rise in pressure ideally up around 1020hpa the fish will bite more aggressively.

Try any creeks you can find.

Ditto what Luvit said.

Bass eat fish, shrimp, yabbies, frogs, cicadas, lizards, spiders, grasshoppers and so on. The brand of lure you use should be the least of your worries, they will eat anything you tie on if presented well. I'd be more worried about farting too loudly and scaring the bass.

Just change it up on the day if your lure isn't catching fish, then again its probably not the lures fault. It cant hurt to change though.

Get into it and keep trying if you catch no fish the first few times. The more you practice the better you will get :)

Archived