Exciting times

samsteele115

Hey guys,

So last weekend at the tinnie and tackle expo I purchased a new boat. :woohoo:

I have done so much research and thinking about what I want and don't want for my next boat that I eventually decided to buy new with everything I want how I want it, ready to fish.

The weapon of choice is a Quintrex Renegade 420 Tiller Steer with Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke with electric start, trim and tilt. I got upgrades like 1000kg braked oceanic trailer, 50l underfloor fuel tank, large accessories kit etc etc.

WIll be a versatile little rig, exactly what I want and I cant wait to get my hands on it. Pickup 1st of May from Broadwater boating :woohoo:

So my point of this post.....

I've sort of decided to get a Lowrance Elite 7 chirp as the sounder of choice, well, because I find them easy to use and I thought I should spend about a grand on a sounder :whistle:

Apart from that I dont really have any other reason behind my choice. However from a usage point of view I prefer it over the HDS 7...

If any of you own this unit would you recommend or would you buy something else?

Budget about 1k. Side scan and other blah blah blah confuses me although I have a rough idea how they work, I just cant see myself using it for the fishing that I do... I know sidescan can be so handy finding reefs and structure and stuff but I dont really do much of that kind of fishing so cant justify spending heaps more to get the feature.

Cheers guys!

Archived