River Bassin

Joe K

I could not make it down the Gold Coast on time to catch the dusk tide so I decided to fish my local river for bass. In 20 minutes of fishing I got 2 hits for 2 nice fat bass. A few casts later I hooked on to a big fish that took off. Not wanting to be bricked I held on tight with my 20lb rig and the hook straightened. Next time!

post-10975-144599119779_thumb.jpg

Luvit, the bass came on the bite just after sunset. My mates on the Gold Coast hit a school of tailor on the beach at dusk but I find bassin more challenging. I have managed to pull some lures out of snags with the 20lb braid when the treble hook straightens.

Glenn S, my fav outfit is a 2kg rod with a Stella 1000 loaded with 6lb braid for landbased topwater river Bassin for bass to 42cm. But when targeting 50cm plus river or dam bass landbased, I use a 20lb rod with a Stella 3000 loaded with 20lb braid and a 30lb leader. I need to be able to lift the bass's head up toward the surface to have a chance at landing these bass, otherwise, I am bricked! If you're in a boat or canoe, 15lb braid with a 20lb leader should be surricient. Good luck!

Archived