Barra park/farm

tailorlub

About 4 years ago i went to a place called glassys fishing world cant remember were it was exactly but it was either in brisbane or very close, it was a fly fishing only i think, awsome fun lots of sooty grunters and yella and silver perch. It had barramundi but i went in winter.

tailorlub wrote:

yea. when i lived in south africa i used to go to trout farms sorta often and it was greatt fun.

just a whole bunch of trout in small ponds/dams.

is that what glassy's/closeys is like?

yeah mate thats what its like about 5 or 6 dams and full of fish pretty hard to get them some times because they have been hooked so many times but you should get some i was there at the start of the year and got about 5 barcoo

Went to the one on the Gold Coast today,its on the Beaudesert to beenleigh rd.

Spoke to a guy with fly rod,fly line with a hook and a pellet.not a fly in sight,they won't look at a fly he said.I said that is not fly fishing and came away.He said $50 to fish,no sign of any Barra.Crap he said and mentioned the one at bli bli.He reckons that one is pretty good.

Dan23 wrote:

Whatever happened to that AFO trip we were planning?? Should organise it around christmas time when people should have more time off.

probly would be better goin a bit after christmas or in april holidays i think it is i had my best session in april caught 1 80cm barra lost 1 other at the bank 2 others spat the hook and landed 5-10 little barra

Archived