back to the bay

mackmauler

Angus wrote:

Bahaha.

Let me guess....

A fish?

Nar what is? Kingy? Samson?

Clearly when i said kingy i meant black kingy aka Cobia :P

Hey mackmauler, how do you go about eating your cobia.

I have had good and bad experiences from several straddy cobia. Do you bleed them?

I usually work on the rule that if it has scales your fine, but if not bleed the suckers. However does this apply with Cobia?

Angus

cowfish i would of caught 50 plus cobia and many of them around 20kg once youve caught that many when your going for other things they get really anoying cause they can have you tied up for a while

and they are a good eating fish aswell but you can get sick of eating them but if you cut them into steaks they can cook easily and are very nice

whatnow wrote:

cowfish i would of caught 50 plus cobia and many of them around 20kg once youve caught that many when your going for other things they get really anoying cause they can have you tied up for a while

and they are a good eating fish aswell but you can get sick of eating them but if you cut them into steaks they can cook easily and are very nice

:laugh: stop boasting you are making me jealous:blush:

Great fish mate.

Just wondering since im heading off shore for the first time shortly. If i hopefully catch a cobia or something else, but dont want to keep it to eat but want to get it in the boat for a photo without injuring it to let it go after.

How can this be done? Will it work to Grab it under the gills with a glove and pull it in or gaff it under the dorsal and pull into boat. Id rather let it go and not get a pic than injuring it.

thanks guys

easiest way would probly be to put the gaff in the v of its gills under the mouth and get someone else to hold it while you get the hooks

when you catch em if u dont have a donger its hard to controll so it would probly be hard to release and youd have a much easier time if you used 1 hook instead of gangs because cobia usually get hooked with all the hooks

Archived