Horrible Weekend

timtam_

EVERY time I go fishing, I wonder why I put myself through the horrible sunrise sessions and the horrendous glassed out days ;)

image5.JPG

Managed two seats on Rays boat with Mark and Tika and had our second day of fishing on NPD. Ended up with 23 bass between the four of us all on live shrimp, and Tika managed her first Yellowbelly! The yella certainly made a great fish burger. I didn't get any photos of Ray or Mark with their fish but it is the memories which count!

image4.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1426.JPG

That was Sunday morning, and Monday looked too good to resist! With the morning off work we headed to the mouth at 5:00am and were fishing by 5:25am in my new (old) boat! I forgot to lift up the transducer and as a result, snapped the transducer mount as I was putting the boat in. :no: I'm open to any ideas to fix the main body of the transducer back to the fixing, it is broken above the body but below the connection and snapped the plastic/resin mix clean through. Thankfully, the cable connection was unharmed, I am thinking a strong epoxy glue will hold it together, as I don't want to potentially ruin its capacity to give accurate sounder readings. 

Anyway!

Started fishing at the Rockwall and quickly baited up the bass rod from the day before, same rig (with an extra hook). Half pilly on, no sinker, hand the rod to Tika... 20 secs after it hit the water... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! A few tense minutes later and we had our first snapper for the morning on board. Needless to say Tika was stoked as it was her first bay snapper. 6lb Line really increases the sport of targeting any fish of 40cm or more! 3 minutes later and the the same result again! We fished for many 30cm bream and a few more squire until 8:20am before deciding to pull the pin. We moved in close and Tika pulled a 40cm out of nowhere on the last cast!! In one way, I was envious... but fishing is fishing and I was proud as punch for her to do everything herself from rigging the rod to choosing our spot. IMG_1444.JPGimage1.JPG

Finally, after such a great weekend fishing we arrived home. My stupidity and bad decision making led to this... Yes that's my garage door. We spent the afternoon removing the three split panels, replaving them, replacing the kicker board, and knocking out what was left of the glass before boarding it up and painting all the new timber. Then spent and hour sweeping and vaccuming!! I thanked the fish gods that nobody was hurt. 

Tim

IMG_1446.JPGimage3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived