painting lures

buzzid

hey guys,

i'm considering painting some hard body lures which haven't been real successful. what paint should i use, was thinking to just by some little jars of model paint or will the smell freak fish out? has anyone tried this with any luck? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys.

buzz

thanks namyau, i was thinking there might be some special paint but don't really take any notice of that sort of thing when i'm in those sort of places. i just walk in and try to spend as much money as i can in about 15 minutes, or so it seems. hehehe

buzz

one thing with araldite it gets really hot when it sets so it might melt some kinds of plastics. but i wouldn't turn to super glue either as it melts some forms of plastic too, but i think it's more of a chemical reaction than heat.

so if your thinking of trying some of the above mentioned suggestions i would try it in a small spot first just in case your lure is made of a palstic that will warp or melt.

the nail polish shouldn't have any problems though except when your in the make-up isle say that your buying it for your wife :laugh:

I paint some of my HB's with clear nail polish to protect the paint.

Theres a special painting Kit that comes with different colours and a little brush. It's especially made for lures/jigheads so I'd be sure that it shouldn't wreck the lure. I'll get the name of it.

maxi wrote:

i personnally dont think that colour has much to do with it...imo its the action that is more important..but then again...........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .....stranger things have happened.....

maxi

Depends what you're chasing I guess. There are plenty who will swear by purple for cod (freshwater) and pink for flatties etc etc.

Archived