Ewan Maddock Dam

Danielle

Morning gang,

So I was just having a look at the map for a place to spend an hour today on my way back from Nambour and I found Ewan Maddock Dam... After a little recon I found Maddock Park was a nice spot.  BUT being SEQ Water a licence is required to fish (all for that as @rayke1938 gave me a good education in that all fees are put back into stocks). 

I don't want to do anything illegal or environmentally damaging but being just me and practicing catch and release and only for an hour (if I in fact am lucky enough to catch anything) would it be totally unconscionable for me to go? Putting this post online is silly and I know the answer but I'm a moral one.

Otherwise maybe the Pine would be a better option (BUT I WANT BASS BEING OCTOBER HAHA).

If I go the Pine could someone please pm me with a street for land based not too far from the Bruce?

Thanks in advance!

All stocked dams are now SIP dams, since 1 July. They basically added the lot to the list. 63 of them now.

Ewen Maddock is probably one of the nicest dams these days Danielle. Fantastic facilities. Nice little sandy swimming area, picnic facilities, boardwalk over the water.

Chances of getting caught very slim, but if you are like me the angst of looking over my shoulder would ruin the day for me. Just drop in and have a break there and a look around. If yo uare desperate to wet a line and dont want to take the risk - You can get both yearly and 7 day permits online. The 7 day permits are relatively cheap at $10, yearly is $50

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/boating-fishing/rec-fishing/dams/

Like Binder said just $10 for the week and I think this covers any SIP dams during that weekly period.  Permits can be bought online and emailed/SMS straight to your phone.  No need to have them printed anymore.  So if u turn up at a dam and realise you need a permit you can get on straight away on your phone

Couple of places where you stand a chance of catching a bass that do not require a sip are the pine river at youngs crossing and the pine river in behind the historical village where you saw the markets on saturday. They do fish better at dawn and dusk . Both locations have been recently restocked as a result of kurwongbah spilling for a couple of months but they do receive a fair bit of fishing pressure.Give me a yell if you want some shrimp.

Cheers

Ray

I did swing past and @Binderright it really is a beautiful place!! Is it "fishing" if you don't catch anything haha? I was a naughty girl and set myself up...used my new lures and a little S Factor with no luck... But what a find! Canoe and Yak friendly only but I was the only person in sight. Heading home on the Bruce I heard the traffic report and grunted LOUDLY (a few expletives may have slipped out)... So I took the Deception Bay exit to avoid the jam and stopped at Scarborough for a coffee and a cast. Caught myself a stonefish!!! Adequately freaked out so jumped back in the car and waited for the traffic to ease. Have driven in 10 mins ago and drove 296km today but took 10 hours. Awesome.

2 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

If you like yakking Kurwongbah is a great bass fishery and you dont have to paddle or peddal very far. You can get a small yak from $300.

Dino

I have thought about it @Dinodadog but after watching many videos of others... I am under no illusion that I could handle to co-ordination! Paddling for pleasure = absolutely. Adding a rod and a fish on = drowning.

Archived