2 Days At Borumba

Chase the lure

At work on Friday I decided I needed to get away after a few phone calls managed last minute accomadtion in a cabin at the deer park . 

By the time we got there it was late Friday night and did not get a session in so had a counter tea at the pub.

saturday morning was cold forgot warm cloths so I froze till the sun got up it was a slow day managed a couple of keepers a bass and a yella

and a few small bass.

the next day was not as cold and we started an hour later when we got to the boat ramp all parks were full because there was a Saratoga fly comp on.

we headed down to yabba arm and slowly made our way down casting jackals and spiner baits to the steep bank on the left getting taps and some small bass 

as we got down further and in the timber things started to heat up at about 930 there was some movement on the surface and I got smashed by a good fish that I did not see took a lot of line and a jackal as a momento don't no what heart more loseing the fish with out seeing it our the lure. Not long after that the young fella was on same deal lost the fish with out an id then we saw the colpruts some big Saratoga breaking the surface .

we fished to about12 and picked up a few more bass the headed home.

had a great day on the lake with the young fella can't wait to get back up there I love borumba.

We headed home Sunday without bothering to have a fish, sounds like we made the right choice, didn't know the fly comp was on. Was a comp the weekend before as well, bass electric I think. Not to many there for that though, so we didn't have any issues with parking.

Archived