Help Please

hooklineandsinker

what time of day?

early morning or late afternoon will be far more productive.

also try poppers, Poppers are the first weapon of choice for my mate Ferg and he fishes skinny water a lot quite successfully.

Also check if the waterway you are fishing is actually stocked. If not, it will be hard yaka, not a lot of wild fish left around  SE Qld.

1 hour ago, Binder said:

what time of day?

early morning or late afternoon will be far more productive.

also try poppers, Poppers are the first weapon of choice for my mate Ferg and he fishes skinny water a lot quite successfully.

Also check if the waterway you are fishing is actually stocked. If not, it will be hard yaka, not a lot of wild fish left around  SE Qld.

Normally mid morning and early arvo I go but when I go I use deep diving lures 

• 3 weeks later...

HI @hooklineandsinker

preparation is the key for creeks!! I have been driving along before and stopped and casted in creeks and not caught anything, i have then gone back to same creeks for another go without checking google earth or anything first... Some creeks dont even go anywhere, just natural runoff, so there may not be bass in there!!
use google earth as a tool, downstream of dam walls will always hold fish!! then its just persistence!! Obviously said dam would be stocked with bass and other species!!
Landbasing dams is very difficult!!! i have done this several times resulting in several donuts only pulled one small bass at kurwongbah! again its just persistence and as @Binder said early morning and late arvo are the best times!! especially for surface!!!!

Archived