1770 Reef Trip

tugger

Will be looking to get up to 1770 early next year i know Julian is keen the weather plays the biggest part in this as we only go if it looks like a good spell of 3 days or more so we don't lock in dates. The call to go is made only 3 to 4 days before we go and usually try to get it over the weeoend so it fits in with time off work and just take that 1 extra day off work so we can get 3 days on the reef.

The trip is a long way out usualy 100km out from the boat ramp but once out there we anchor up behind a reef each of the 2 nights we spend out there then only run around a few km between fishing spots. I like to do a bit of spearing in themlate arvo to try and get some crayfish for the evening tucker to go with the red emperor or coral trout we eat fresh for dinner after a hard days fishing.

The fishing is incredible with coral trout and red emperor our main target but there are plenty of other species we catch while we are there like spanish mackerel, red throat emperor, tuskfish, hussar, pearl perch and moari cod to name a few. If you are interested in this type of trip and have a boat that can do overnighters and you can get away at short notice let us know here. I will start to look at going up from fubuary on just depending on the weather as to when this will happen.

I was keen to do this but have re thought and think I will look at it in 12 months time. I have some plans that i'm trying to pull together and if all works out I'll be better equipt.

Look forward to seeing the reports and beaut photos that normally a company such a trip.

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

I was keen to do this but have re thought and think I will look at it in 12 months time. I have some plans that i'm trying to pull together and if all works out I'll be better equipt.

Look forward to seeing the reports and beaut photos that normally a company such a trip.

Sounds like big p,ans afoot I know my boat is just big enough for this 

I like the safety aspect of the other boats to go with however, I do not think my current boat will be up to the task. Although I could jump aboard another boat as a deckie, I would prefer to wait and see if I can upgrade and take my own boat. I can still do a lot in my boat and happy to do this while I have it.

It is a fantastic opportunity if any one is serious about it.:1300_clap_tone1:

Luvit, I have a space reserved for you if you can commit. Just doing a trip will let that bug bite just a bit harder.

Can't wait for it to all line up Tugger, very very keen to show you the ground I found up at Broomy. After my last trip there, I know 100% you can make it fuel wise.

That's the exact reason I shouldn't go. Last time @crazywalrus& @ellicat took me off shore I sold the old boat for the current one. If I go up there I'll want a boat quicker and can not afford it.

2 hours ago, demarc said:

Luvit, I have a space reserved for you if you can commit. Just doing a trip will let that bug bite just a bit harder.

Can't wait for it to all line up Tugger, very very keen to show you the ground I found up at Broomy. After my last trip there, I know 100% you can make it fuel wise.

15 hours ago, demarc said:

That sounds like a plan very keen to go up there soon mate 

I'm chomping at the bit to get back up there.  If my work roster has me in Brisbane at the time I will be going up for sure .Hoping to get up there over Chrissy too. There's really not much that beats hauling in a big red from the barrier reef with your mates. Except maybe eating it it

1 hour ago, jon said:

I'm chomping at the bit to get back up there.  If my work roster has me in Brisbane at the time I will be going up for sure .Hoping to get up there over Chrissy too. There's really not much that beats hauling in a big red from the barrier reef with your mates. Except maybe eating it it

Sounds good Sef i missed out on going in november due to moving house i have done well in that month before but before it cools again i am going up to get in to reds and the crays are still active to

17 hours ago, jon said:

Looking at heading tomorrow mate till Sunday. Finding it hard to get deckies short notice. Shane is off to Fiji. 

1 hour ago, demarc said:

Looking at heading tomorrow mate till Sunday. Finding it hard to get deckies short notice. Shane is off to Fiji. 

Scratch that mate, just got off phone to an old mate, looks like it'll be after 27th of Dec. Just messaged shane69... Got a new plan of attack, will pm. 

4 hours ago, demarc said:

Scratch that mate, just got off phone to an old mate, looks like it'll be after 27th of Dec. Just messaged shane69... Got a new plan of attack, will pm. 

Bugger i will be down the god coast only catching mackies, skiing and drinking grog with me mates where i you are going to be catching reds, spearing crays and drinking grog with ya mates on the reef

Archived