Cmaltby

the water is only 21.8 degrees but barra are still everywhere so much so that we were getting a heap of baby ones in the cast net every throw. so happy my son is at an age where hes starting to really enjoy time on the boat. this is what fishing is all about. came away with one barra at 65cm he had been tagged which I didnt realise until id made arrangements for him to be tonights dinner. interestingly he had travelled 82km from his original point of tagging. How cool is suntag and the work people do. Lost an even better fish at the boat due to an anchor rope.. but thats fishing I guess. Id just like to say the net free zone of the fitzroy is the greatest thing. Lobby your local government if you havent already because this fishery is amazing!!!

barra.jpg

harry baby barra.jpg

barra tag.png

8 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great stuff mate, congrats on the barra and that's pretty cool catching the baby ones in the cast net. The young fella looks like he's having a ball :) 

Definitely awesome with so many of them around that size it's only going to get better in the next few years the net free zone is the best thing that has happened where else can you catch fish like this 500m from the centre of town 

• 1 month later...

We've been getting the little fellas in the cast net on the wharf in the centre of town too. Not so many barra off there but some good size kingies (1m +) have been landed. River is definitely turning into a great and accessible place to fish for those of us without a boat.

On 12/07/2018 at 2:16 PM, swathe said:

We've been getting the little fellas in the cast net on the wharf in the centre of town too. Not so many barra off there but some good size kingies (1m +) have been landed. River is definitely turning into a great and accessible place to fish for those of us without a boat.

What a great news story. See we can do it. Thanks for the update

Archived