Huffy26

queensland Tin Can Bay

On 04/01/2019 at 6:08 AM, Drop Bear said:

Sorry we all missed this over the Christmas period. 

Tin Can Bay is an awesome place to fish. We have caught lots of xos whiting, flathead and bream there. 

Best advice is to fish last 2 hours of run out. Look for places close to yabby banks where the water runs off the bank. Shallow water is good as the fish can be in less than a foot of water. 

On in coming tide look for where the water floods the banks. Smaller whiting will follow this tide in followed by the bream. Great fun.

I find the bigger whiting will hang off the steep sides of the yabby banks often on the upstream end of them. Stand back from the edge at low tide and flick unweighted yabbies around here. Fish right up to the edge of the water. keep moving until you find them. 

Good luck and have a great time. 

Great info, thanks @Drop Bear

On 09/01/2019 at 5:39 AM, Huffy26 said:

Cheers mate. I got onto some bream while I was there. Lots of people catching jack there at the moment but unfortunately I left that rod at home

I love a feed of bream. Well done mate. I hope you had a great trip. I bet you pack that rod next time

Please login or register to view this image