Sweaty But Fishy At North Pine

Little Grey Men

Nice hot and sticky usually means the bass will be out and about. I found most on the edges which is my style of fishing. Stand out lure was a sebile spin shad with switched out colorado blades attached to a beetlespin. Being only 7 grams and two colorado blades means it can be fished dead slow just above the weed and close to timber, leaving it hang in the fishes face for a good amount of time.

P2021409.JPG

P2091414.JPG

P2091418.JPG

P2091428.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Nice session by the sound of it.

How do you reckon a topwater cicada impersonation would go atm ?

I think you'd get one but it would take a lot of casts. North Pine is a tough top water bite. I have got bass in there on top water but it's so hit and miss that I only use them when the water rises and drowns the grass on the edge, even then I use walkers like Sammy's to get good distance. Shallow divers work well though.

The bass in there are so well feed with boneys, gudgeons and shrimp that they don't have to look for a meal on the surface.

2 minutes ago, Little Grey Men said:

Hi mate, I use an Olympus TG1 tough camera. 

Walking the banks of North Pine is the way to go. Fishing the dam during low water levels helps to know what banks have interesting structure. I even know where a lot of submerged trees are located which is also helpful.

Nice. Do you head of form the PRFMA ramp? 

Archived