NPD 20/2/19

rayke1938

Back to NPD this morning with Steve and Neil the novice.

Neil had never been fishing before and it took a while to educate  him to not wind the fish to the tip of the rod and lift it into the boat. Fortunately he was only catching tiddlers at first before he got some larger ones. I quite did not catch what he muttered when he dropped a 50cm plus yella at the side of the boat.😁

We knocked off at midday with 58 bass and 2 yellas on the counter and a feed of redclaw for Steve and Neil to share.

Cheers

Ray

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

Certainly the go to spot if you cannot find them elsewhere,

Reckon the next big inflow the go would be to tow some of the big floating logs and anchor them with some besser blocks. If only SEQ water would give permission.

Think that the 43 fads already deployed will start to show positive results once the algae etc start to become established on them plus the huge pile of pipes that Iplex have donated should provide sufficient material to make up around 100 fads.

Just need to get sufficient people to come along to the working bees to assemble them.

Cheers

Ray

8 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Certainly the go to spot if you cannot find them elsewhere,

Reckon the next big inflow the go would be to tow some of the big floating logs and anchor them with some besser blocks. If only SEQ water would give permission.

Think that the 43 fads already deployed will start to show positive results once the algae etc start to become established on them plus the huge pile of pipes that Iplex have donated should provide sufficient material to make up around 100 fads.

Just need to get sufficient people to come along to the working bees to assemble them.

Cheers

Ray

Let me know when it is and I will try and come along if you will have me. 

Archived