Nog

Mental health day on Friday

Tried a few spots around Mud early morning but only to be plagued by Pike so went to Harries/Tiwi Pearl for a look as I'd never never been before.  Used the pike as strip bait but only got pickers. This bait game is still a bit new to me.

Picked up a mackerel on the slow troll, some sandies and a few squids on way back home. Magic day to be out on the water alone 🙂  Mothers day was beer battered Mackerel 🙂🙂

IMG_0600.thumb.JPG.2d396c29e2b119859494a7330eb6261b.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

About ten or so  at Harries @Old Scaley. Tonnes on the banks (whiting?)

I left the ramp at 4:30am and tried for livies around the channel markers for zip. Got a bit spooked of driving to Mud and beyond in the dark so hung around until first light. Not the hardcore Snapper fisho I hope to be aye:)

8 hours ago, Nog said:

About ten or so  at Harries @Old Scaley. Tonnes on the banks (whiting?)

I left the ramp at 4:30am and tried for livies around the channel markers for zip. Got a bit spooked of driving to Mud and beyond in the dark so hung around until first light. Not the hardcore Snapper fisho I hope to be aye:)

You don't have to be out there early mate. You've just gotta be out there. Fish aren't humans on a work schedule. 

For what it is worth,  I've caught most of my big fish in the middle of the day. 

Oh, try leaving the anchor in the boat when at harries. It is a big area. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2019 at 7:40 PM, Nog said:

That's why I love anchor 🔒 on my leccie. 😄

I still have much to learn and only 20-30 years hopefully to crack the code 

Sounds like a solid plan. Nice work mate. Good feed of fresh Mack Squid and Crabs is always welcome! 

Much better than you can buy at the shops. 

Archived