Wello just doesn't disappoint !! 23/11/07

chubbstar

A fantastic day at Wellington Point. With many fish boated, at least 40 Bream, Squire, Whiteing, 1or2 Grinners and a couple of Sweet lip:woohoo: . I caught a couple of first's today also, a mystery fish (I've included a photo) and then DRUM ROLL PLEASE a Dolphin:blink: , Yep a bluddy DOLPHIN......

I was fishing away when I noticed a Dolphin swimming over to me. \"OH Flipper\" I said to him \"hows it going mate:kiss: \".

Beautiful creature :) I was thinking. Anyways Flipper was swiming around the boat very close. It swam over to the Channel marker then back to me, then over to another boat. He done this many many times. I got sick of it so I threw a couple of Pillys at it to munch on. It had a look and just swam around. I hooked up to a legal Bream and Flipper thought it was time for Breakfast. I got it in just before Flipper claimed it. OK long story short Flipper just would'nt go away. I was holding my new rod with 6lb braid when Flipper hit. The line started screaming of for about 5 seconds then SNAP. I'm going off:angry: , Flipper jumps high outta the water about 30m away and finally go's away. I rerig, look up and here he comes again:blink: . I grab my Leather-man pliers and poise to leap of the boat Crocadile Dundee style to stab it in the head:laugh: . He swims under the boat and thats the last I see of him.

Flipper did'nt affect the fishing at all they where everywhere. I had to use 1 rod for 2-3 hours because as soon as the bait sank it would get hit. Best size Squire 38? was on the lite rod (my new 1), so that was fun. I got smoked by something nice.

Look I could go on and on and on, Heaps of fish mainly on bait and a couple on SP's.

Flipper

Wello231107004AFO.jpg

IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee199/chubbstar_photos/Wello231107003AFO.jpg

Mystery Fish, There was 100's of them just under the surface.

Wello231107007AFO.jpg

Sweetlip?

Wello231107001AFO.jpg

First Bream for the day.

Wello231107005AFO.jpg

Keeper Squire

Wello231107008AFO.jpg

Whiting

Wello231107009AFO.jpg

Flounder for the missus:kiss:

Wello231107010AFO.jpg

Kept the Squire Flounder and whiting for a feed. All the rest went back.

Thanks for reading

Jayson

Just had a look in the book:lol: and Butter Bream are also called Diamondfish (monodactylus argenteus).

They're very common especially around Jumpinpin. I'm surprised you havn't caught one yet:huh:. Probably been catching better fish all this time:D.

By the way, we've tried Butter Bream once, and they were dirty and muddy:sick:. I wouldn't reccomend that you ever take them

There were heaps of Sweetlip but all small. They chewed up quite a few of my SP's.

Flipper boat damage:blink: More like he's tangled more lines than mine, the little so and so.:angry:

The butter Bream was caught on 1/3 of a Pilly and #2 hook, more fluke than anything. When I was berlying up they were chomping the Pilly cuts before they could sink.

I did'nt take the photo of the whiting till I got home, Think he ended up half frozen:blink: .

As for the Pin Booty, Soon mate very soon :woohoo:

Jays

great report mate. Looks like a great day out! I once caught 2 tiny sweetlip of about 15 - 20cm under a little bridge at weyba creek at noosa. Haha butter bream are so cute, i love catching them, get heaps on a bait jig with little peices of bait on them. Nice squire and flounder to.

Archived