Saving Up For New Reel

I’ve been collecting cans and bottles for while and that’s how I’ve been earning money around $100-120 a month I’ve almost saved up enough money to the buy the new Stradic FL in the 1000 size it cost $254 where I’m buying it from . I’m going to use this reel on my atomic arrows bream surface rod instead of my aird lt 2000 which I’m gonna move on to my 2-4kg aird x rod and buy a 3-5kg rod to match my 2500 cazna with so i will finally have enough fishing gear to cover most fishing situations . Ok now back to point does anyone that owns the new Stradic in the 1000 size have any issues with them I’ve done a lot of research and I couldn’t find anything negative about them . I’ve watched about every tackle advisors video on the Stradic and that really sealed the deal for me as he had a very great option on them so after watching his videos and doing research on google I’ve decided I’m getting the reel it’s a lot more money then I usually spent on a reel .cough cough almost triple the price I would normally spent on a reel. so I hope it’s good and reliable like my aird lt which I know the Stradic will be better anyway  .any information about the reel I would be glad to hear positive or negative 

Hey Breaming with bro

It sounds like you've got a plan with your combos, hopefully you'll like the Stradic. I have no experience with it but I like both my Shimano reels, a size 1000 Sienna, and a Size 2500 Nasci. 

As a general rule of thumb, (if you can't find advice), take the reel but make sure you do take the receipt. That way, if you don't like something about it, you can return it.

By the way, making $100 a month from bottles is very impressive, I can barely scratch together ten! You'll be able to open your own tackle shop in a couple of years, LOL.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

yeah I was going to get a sienna or Nasci but I’m earning more money then usual so I decided why not get something more medium end rather then budget . And yeah I remember I got a crap Shimano reel once and returned it because I had the receipt so I know to do that now .but  the Stradic is supposed to be the best reel under $300 some people and think best reel under $500 but I think I will be happy with the reel regardless if I’m happy with a cheap $90 aird or a $40 sienna I think the Stradic will be great 

Honestly mate. I have a Shimano Sedona that I bought 3 years ago and I have looked after it well. The reel is exactly like brand new. It is perfectly smooth and you wouldn't tell the difference. I am so happy with my $90 purchase from Anaconda. I would highly recommend.

Yea not a fan of the hex drive handle on the Sedona more into the screw in handles I have 2 reels with hex drive handles that’s enough reels with hex drive handles for Me I still love my reels with the hex drive handles but I just prefer the screw in handles my 2 other reels with different handle design there good decent reels but they are under $100 and won’t be used as much after I buy the Stradic . But yeah when My aird lt craps itself I might get a 1000 sedona but that probably won’t happen anytime soon Because I look after my reels good thanks for suggestion but I really want this Stradic as I know it will be better 

G'day mate, as you may be able to tell by my username I have way more gear than any normal fisho should need including a Stradic. I have the 2500FJ and it is an excellent reel and has stood up well, I'm sure the FL would be just as good if not better. I have many more expensive reels than the Stradic, including a Stella and top of the range Daiwa's but the Stradic gets used as much as any of them. The 1000 is a very small reel but I am sure you are aware of that, it is my goto size for whiting but will easily handle any bream.

Yea thanks yea I’ve Seen the reel in person 

and know it’s small but I like reels small for most fishing applications I have A 2000 daiwa atm    
on my 1.5kg to 3.5kg rod but I’m gonna move that to my 2-4kg because i like a just like small reels there’s  just a certain feel I like about them i I know they can handle decent size fish . I don’t know how people use 2500 siennas on 1-3kg rods it just feels so unbalanced and heavy and ruins the finesse feel I would normally use a 2500 reel on a 3-5kg rod .a 2000 isn’t bad but it doesn’t feel as light and powerful as a 1000 on a 1-3kg rod and I know for a fact that any 1000 reel can handle a good flathead or Jew even I cheap 1000s reel like a sienna  but yea looking forward to getting the reel . Thanks for all the replies everyone 

19 hours ago, Tacklejunkie. said:

G'day mate, as you may be able to tell by my username I have way more gear than any normal fisho should need including a Stradic. I have the 2500FJ and it is an excellent reel and has stood up well, I'm sure the FL would be just as good if not better. I have many more expensive reels than the Stradic, including a Stella and top of the range Daiwa's but the Stradic gets used as much as any of them. The 1000 is a very small reel but I am sure you are aware of that, it is my goto size for whiting but will easily handle any bream.

Hey Tacklejunkie. 

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you know about the reels and what's good for what. 🙂 

9 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

and know it’s small but I like reels small for most fishing applications I have A 2000 daiwa atm    
on my 1.5kg to 3.5kg rod but I’m gonna move that to my 2-4kg because i like a just like small reels there’s  just a certain feel I like about them i I know they can handle decent size fish . I don’t know how people use 2500 siennas on 1-3kg rods it just feels so unbalanced and heavy and ruins the finesse feel I would normally use a 2500 reel on a 3-5kg rod .a 2000 isn’t bad but it doesn’t feel as light and powerful as a 1000 on a 1-3kg rod and I know for a fact that any 1000 reel can handle a good flathead or Jew even I cheap 1000s reel like a sienna  but yea looking forward to getting the reel . Thanks for all the replies everyone 

Hi Breaming with Bro

Yes, I agree with you on that one. The 1000 size reels work and feels really nice on light rods. 

They will handle big fish, my first threadfin salmon (60cm) was take on my 1000 as well as my PB lizard (60cm). I think it comes down to how you fight the fish, but the main thing is you don't have your drag to tight, you have lots of line, and there's not to much you can get bricked in. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

11 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

You will be very happy with it mate.

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Tacklejunkie. 

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you know about the reels and what's good for what. 🙂 

Hi Breaming with Bro

Yes, I agree with you on that one. The 1000 size reels work and feels really nice on light rods. 

They will handle big fish, my first threadfin salmon (60cm) was take on my 1000 as well as my PB lizard (60cm). I think it comes down to how you fight the fish, but the main thing is you don't have your drag to tight, you have lots of line, and there's not to much you can get bricked in. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Thanks Hamish, I have been fishing for about 60 years so have accumulated a bit of gear and worn out a bit as well. I still have an Abu 5000c that I bought with my first pay cheque 49 years ago and it still works fine, I had to put some savings to my pay to cover the $36 cost, quality reels last if you look after them. 

The old saying "you get what you pay for" is no longer true, price is no indication of quality anymore. Most high end reels are very good but some of the cheaper reels coming onto the market are exceptionally good for the price with quality approaching reels costing two and three times as much.

Yea went fishing with my mate today at my closest rock wall we got some good bream luckily before i went fishing I gave my aird lt a service 6 months old now Used it 1-3 times a week to give a prospective how much this reels been used and abused because my reel was heavily abused by salt sand and big bream today and if I didn’t service it  I don’t think it would have made It just gave it a good clean when we got back and wiped off the salt and sand and it’s good to go . I have to grease my drag washers regularly just to keep the felt washers from tearing because I use it so regularly it’s always having fish running and making the drag scream. Thanks for all the replies on this thread 

Hey Breaming with bro

That sounds like a lot of fun, I've actually never caught a bream on a lure (hence the fact I rarely don't at least have one line out with bait when fishing). I think if your reels get dirty, or soaked, the best thing to do is take it apart, clean it up, oil/lube it, and then put it back away. I caught one today on an 80lb rig with a fresh prawn (it was picking my salmon line all day and I eventually set the hook perfectly in it's mouth). 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Yea I was using bread that day but yea I never target bream on lures because if I do I don’t catch many or none but if I target other fish like whiting or flathead on lures sometimes I get a few by catch bream and sometimes big bream. the 2.5 inch slim swims are my go to flathead lure but sometimes  I will get some bream by catch on them no matter what colour I use