Brisbane / Gold Coast Boat Ramps At Low Tide

Ryannnnnnnn

Cabbage tree point is fine on any tide - very open to wind and current though.

vic pt is also fine but areas around there are shallow on a dead low.

not sure on Weiman ck.

Jacobs well is pretty good but has a drop off that can come into play on a dead low tide. Port of Brisbane is fine any tide. Any of the manly harbour ramps are good too.

weinam creek is either ok with gravel at the end or if a lot of people have been driving on their trailers the gravel gets blown away. Good depth of water there either way for launching, The sides of the ramp are marked with a bit of paint on the walls to indicate the end of the ramp if you have a large boat and the gravel has washed away you could have a problem retrieving at dead low. Also pays to check all lanes as only the ones next to the walls tend to wash away more, Lot of people just drop the trailer over and let it rest on the rails if their mudguards do not hang down to hook up. 

I prefer Weinam Creek as it is always protected from wind and little tidal flow . Week end parking can get congested due to island visitors parking in the trailer bays I am fortunate as there are 2 disabled bays there and if they are full I just come home as it is only 1 away.

Viccy point parking of a weekend is also horrible.

Colmslie ramp used to provide a lot of amusement at low tide as there used to be a 4ft drop off at the end of the ramp. A few of the original members will remember one incident at a Brisbane River Classic weigh in.

Cheers Ray