Saragosa/baitrunner 8k 10k Handle

Jono

Hey Jono

Hopefully someone on here will have something, but Gumtree is a great place to look. 

Here is a link. I don't think it's the right size but is 'being sold for parts'.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rothwell/fishing/shimano-baitrunner-4500/1255739843

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what type of fishing you do, but we'd love any reports, even if it's a donut! 🙂 

Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestions. Yes, had a chat to Shimano, about $120 for a replacement handle, and out of stock anyway. Will probably get a whole compatible reel (Baitrunner 8000 for $175) and share the handle for now, then keep a look out for used/parts handle if lucky.

I mostly fish a light setup (1-3kg 1000reel) for fun off my basic kayak, pine river or estuaries. Coming out of my lazy/winter hibernation now.. Also try do an annual camping trip to Moreton or Fraser for 5 days of fishing.

Local Anaconda chap suggested the forum, glad I joined as there’s lots of good stuff on here. 

Will start exploring some basic boat/tinny options as my Dad just moved to Brisbane and not physically capable of kayaking, but would be great to get out on the river or calm bay waters. Seems you can get more than I thought for under $10k. 

cheers, Jono

On 06/09/2020 at 1:16 PM, Jono said:

Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestions. Yes, had a chat to Shimano, about $120 for a replacement handle, and out of stock anyway. Will probably get a whole compatible reel (Baitrunner 8000 for $175) and share the handle for now, then keep a look out for used/parts handle if lucky.

I mostly fish a light setup (1-3kg 1000reel) for fun off my basic kayak, pine river or estuaries. Coming out of my lazy/winter hibernation now.. Also try do an annual camping trip to Moreton or Fraser for 5 days of fishing.

Local Anaconda chap suggested the forum, glad I joined as there’s lots of good stuff on here. 

Will start exploring some basic boat/tinny options as my Dad just moved to Brisbane and not physically capable of kayaking, but would be great to get out on the river or calm bay waters. Seems you can get more than I thought for under $10k. 

cheers, Jono

If you just want to fish the river you should be able to get something really good for 2k. 

I think second hand boats are in demand at the moment but I sold a great 3.7m tinny on a trailer with a yami 15 for $1k 3 years ago and it was really hard to sell. 

While it is on the small side I fished the river plenty of times and Green island on a good day regularly.