Go to solution Solved by Ed.,

5 minutes ago, Ed. said:

That Ultimate One boat would be awesome to stay on as a mother boat and that Uluai beach is very nice. Unfortunately wallet says No!

We didn't go on the ultimate one last time but hopefully will this time

I went on a cruise to PNG. It is a beautiful place and can tell by the waterways and surroundings that it would be awesome fishing. Wandered around some of the villages and markets. The locals were so friendly. But was told it can be a different place after dark. Would love to go back there to go fishing..

But then again there's lots of places i'd love to go fishing.

1 hour ago, Kenne said:

I went on a cruise to PNG. It is a beautiful place and can tell by the waterways and surroundings that it would be awesome fishing. Wandered around some of the villages and markets. The locals were so friendly. But was told it can be a different place after dark. Would love to go back there to go fishing..

But then again there's lots of places i'd love to go fishing.

A few people have mentioned the crime , I think you have more chance of being  Robbed walking around caboolture ,like Jon said earlier if you don't put yourself in vulnerable situations you will have fun . My brother knows a bloke that's been going there since it opened in 2004 and he keeps going back has never mentioned any drama.

18 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

I was a little apprehensive about heading to PNG but it was amazing and at no time during our trip to Baia with Ricciard and his crew, did I feel unsafe.

@jon and @Angus were on the trip together and we had a blast. Angus and I were super lucky enough to stick around for a couple of extra days after the trip and spent some time with Ricciard fishing locally in Kimbe so became good mates. I got the privilege to get on Ultimate One for a sticky beak at the Gold Coast when he picked it up. Drinks on that back deck after a hard days fishing would be a dream.

If it helps you convince your mate, maybe the below info might help him:

- Ricciard's 2nd home is actually in Brisbane - He's a local guy for us.

- Ricciard and his family are a very well established and respected name in Kimbe (where your 2 nights are on either side of your trip)

- There really isn't a lot of opportunity to get into trouble on these trips. From the time of pickup at Kimbe airport to the time you are dropped back, you are with Ricciard or his crew between locations or to your secured location.

- 95% of your time is on East New Britain - the other island that isn't where Moresby is. That's where most of the danger comes from.

Thanks @Do$tyles,  to settle an argument between me and my brother , ricard has a south African accent doesn't he ? My brother says he doesn't have an accent this has been going on since 2018

9 minutes ago, GregOug said:

And we don’t want them going back out to the shed to settle it!

I believe last time we had a crack I was 21 he would have been 26 and he started the Holden Ford thing when we were on the rum , we were so childish . But we're sort of grown up now

2 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

I'd say he does have an accent (it's light) but it's 100% not Saffa. He's a PNG local with a mixed heritage but actually went to school here in Brisbane.

Seriously - awesome guy who is super genuine. I haven't caught up with him for at least a year or so but I do hope I get to join him for one of those beast "into the unknown" kinda trips on Ultimate One.

Just to share, Ricciard is the kinda guy that can connect the outside world with the super remote villagers. His story that he tells on how he helped these kayakers is amazing - https://www.redbull.com/au-en/films/locked-in

If it wasn't for Ricciard, these guys would never have made it there and may have not made it out safely.

Thanks @Do$tylz , and your right he is a good bloke . We don't know him as well as you guys do but any man that can do what he has done for his community is an absolute champion.

1 hour ago, Do$tylz said:

I'd say he does have an accent (it's light) but it's 100% not Saffa. He's a PNG local with a mixed heritage but actually went to school here in Brisbane.

Seriously - awesome guy who is super genuine. I haven't caught up with him for at least a year or so but I do hope I get to join him for one of those beast "into the unknown" kinda trips on Ultimate One.

Just to share, Ricciard is the kinda guy that can connect the outside world with the super remote villagers. His story that he tells on how he helped these kayakers is amazing - https://www.redbull.com/au-en/films/locked-in

If it wasn't for Ricciard, these guys would never have made it there and may have not made it out safely.

Yeah man  a full blown reef trip on ultimate one is on my bucket list which seems to get Longer sooner than it does shorter. Mite have to wait a couple of years though heading to Vanuatu next year with Damo to hopefully get my xos dogtooth of my list😁

2 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Holy cr@p Henry. That video is going to give me nightmares for sure. Those guys are insane. Makes taking a trip to Baia Lodge seem like a stroll from your armchair to the bar fridge. I would love to go to New Britain for a look and a fish. I was born up that way but left as a toddler so have no memory of it at all but it has always fascinated me. 

18 minutes ago, Kenne said:

Sounds like the place your talking about was on Mark Bergs fishing adventures a week or so ago. Was pretty impressed as the guy was a local and started the business for the village. His name was Riccardo and had an accent so sounds like the same person. Caught some great fish.  Wish it was me going there.

Is mark berg still filming ? I thought he stopped because his young fella had a few turns. I'm pretty sure all the presenters have been there. Rex Hunt , worsteling , e.t and Nigel Webster, who would say no if they were getting paid to go there.

9 minutes ago, Kenne said:

Mark Bergs just started being on  again at 6,30on most mornings on 7 mate 74

Cool , are they new shows or re runs ? . Not that I can watch them I leave for work at 6 

6 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

I think my brother has some pics of our trip (Hope so ) this would be phone 3 or 4 since our 

9 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

I think my brother has some pics of our trip (Hope so ) this would be phone 3 or 4 since our trip

Are you the guy with the red bass ? I know that face from somewhere not sure where but I will probably remember when I'm not trying to remember

1 minute ago, GregOug said:

Are you talking to yourself again sneaky?

Nope the bloke that put up those pics. Don't worry if I talk to myself @GregOugonly if I answer myself , it generally means the voices in my head are not having a good time.

5 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Crikey, those locals have at least 16 people in that boat/canoe!!!! 

BTW, you are ALL responsible for explaining this to my wife when I accidentally book myself a trip to PNG ........ 

And my parents when I steal dad’s credit card and go on a spending spree... 😉