Go to solution Solved by Ed.,

Was trying to organize a trip to png with big Luke in March , but to my surprise I soon found out for a big fella he's a bit of a sook . Last night he sends this screenshot and cancels , I told him we won't be breaking any of those laws so we have nothing to worry about. This still wasn't enough to convince him to come out and stretch his arms properly. Screenshot_20201212-225502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1de33ca6fee1ffc86e77710d3f322b51.jpg

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

I know Henry @Do$tylz has been to PNG and may be able to give you some tips from his epic trip/s.

I went over in 2018 and wanted to go back ever since , me and my brother loved it and had no trouble at all (except for mozzies).

8 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Those above three things I mentioned  kill it for me. I will settle for Australian reefs at least you aren't going to be dragged over board by a XXL mozzie who takes a liking to your blood stream and thinks that Rid is an attractant gravy. 🤣

Yeah the mozzies were bad but there's places I've fished here that have lots of mozzies too.

1 minute ago, Kat said:

Hi @Sneaky1

My friend lived in PNG when she was a youngster.  I have not heard good things.  Remember, just because nothing bad happened your first trip doesn't mean it won't again.  However, I also wouldn't want to visit many places in the USA either.

Thanks Kat , if you venture off on your own over there it's probably not a real smart move. But the resorts have armed security guards and the fishing guides all carry weapons as well . I was more worried about those monster bass destroying the gear we got to witness a shimano t curve get destroyed that was pretty cool

28 minutes ago, jon said:

I’ve fished PNG a few times and hands down one of the best places of been In my life. It’s like any foreign country you visit just don’t go to areas that put you in vulnerable situations. If your going on a guided fishing trip your Saftey is very much in good hands. The locals in these remote regions benefit greatly from tourists and they understand this. Fingers crossed I might be heading back there in March for a few weeks for work so might have to dust off the xtra heavy bait caster lol.

Yeah me and my brother had an absolute ball when we went , it is a nice part of the world to have your arms ripped out of their sockets . Not just for black bass but the offshore reef action too but the black bass were definitely the highlight of our trip.

10 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

Yeah me and my brother had an absolute ball when we went , it is a nice part of the world to have your arms ripped out of their sockets . Not just for black bass but the offshore reef action too but the black bass were definitely the highlight of our trip.

Update my brother is keen for round two, Big Luke has opted to stay home grow a man bun and fish for bream.

2 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Sounds like you and your brother both got the ‘what the hell, let’s do it’ genes.

Yeah we have been bad influences on each other all our lives , we always back each other up .

17 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I loved my trip to PNG. 

Profile pic is from there. 

I am looking forward to getting back there. 

It's not as bad as people think it is , I was never worried about our safety. The fishing there is just insane , can't wait to go back. 

7 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

It's not as bad as people think it is , I was never worried about our safety. The fishing there is just insane , can't wait to go back. 

Great luck Sneaky, I dream of going fit black and spot tail bass up that way as well as doggies and trees off the reefs.

I think the worst spot is Port Moresby. Low liveability rates combined with crime makes it a risky place.

Cheers Hamish 

48 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I never had a brother. Just 5 sisters. No one to back me up. So you just have to back up occasionally. Lol.

5 sisters ! How did you guys settle your differences ? We used to get evil  with each other in the garage when mum wasn't home and tomorrow was another day.

8 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Great luck Sneaky, I dream of going fit black and spot tail bass up that way as well as doggies and trees off the reefs.

I think the worst spot is Port Moresby. Low liveability rates combined with crime makes it a risky place.

Cheers Hamish 

Not many trees left on the reefs these days Hamish. They all got waterlogged and died. Still, worth a try I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

5 sisters ! How did you guys settle your differences ? We used to get evil  with each other in the garage when mum wasn't home and tomorrow was another day.

Is that how you got that pushed in nose?

p.s only kidding folks. Never met Sneaky yet. For all I know he could have a face to rival Adonis. 

4 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Cheers Hamish 

Can't live in fear of what might happen Hamish , could get hit by a bus tomorrow  I'm not saying go ahead and make a flying fox on the powerlines just saying it's ok to enjoy life because tomorrow is not promised

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Is that how you got that pushed in nose?

p.s only kidding folks. Never met Sneaky yet. For all I know he could have a face to rival Adonis. 

Don't know about Adonis , more like a wombat

9 minutes ago, Sneaky1 said:

Can't live in fear of what might happen Hamish , could get hit by a bus tomorrow  I'm not saying go ahead and make a flying fox on the powerlines just saying it's ok to enjoy life because tomorrow is not promised

Yes, that’s some good advice Sneaky. I now plan to make a full network of flying foxes on the powerline to get me around to places 🤣(kidding).

Cheers Hamish 

P.S. The main reason I said that was because I did a unit on it in Geography. But it is still good advice regardless. Gotta try new things to know what they’re like.

32 minutes ago, jon said:

What operation are you going with over there are you fishing the fly and sepik regions?

Sorry John,  thought I sent this earlier but I must not have hit submit. We went with these guys last time so we will definitely book with them this time. Baia sportfishing lodge just had the best time with these guys not one complaint.Screenshot_20201213-203121_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a681a2de13ca2039e379029f3397cba.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-203037_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, jon said:

Ah yeah Riccard runs a bloody good operation he is who I went with both times I’ve been there. 

My brother organised it last time, that south African fella didn't have much of a sense of humour when I asked him if I get a gun , now that I think about it I don't think my brother was keen on that idea either.

1 minute ago, Sneaky1 said:

My brother organised it last time, that south African fella didn't have much of a sense of humour when I asked him if I get a gun , now that I think about it I don't think my brother was keen on that idea either.

But yes they run an awesome show