water snake help needed

dunney

hey does any one on here have a 54 bow mount water snake (non bow mounts may be the same)

i removed the power cable this mourning as it wasn't long enough to reach the battery and replaced it with a longer cable...BUT!!!

i forgot which terminal the positive lug came from.

there are only two possible lugs available; JP9 or JP8

can some one pretty please check there's so i dont make a terrible mistake.

thansk a ton guys

hey feral i dont get what you mean by fuses????the reason why the fuse probably isnt blowing is because there are some fuses that are called 'start up fuses\" they can handle a high load over a extreemely quick period of time but it takes a longer period of time of high current to blow a fuse

im not fusing it or putting a overload on it.overloads dont trip quick enough and a fuse will keep rusting out.i have another safety im looking at for protection.

the reason why im not after a circut breaker is it will only trip at 50A(depending on yor model).electric motors have variable speeds which in turn will create different current draw. and i dont think this is ideal because by the time the bircuit breaker trips its probably alreaddy drawing 60 plus amps.but at the moment i cant seem to find anything better on the market

i just want to know what is what terminal im looking at putting my active on

Sorry about the late reply Saltshaker !!

Couldn't see any markings abot jp8 or 9 on my snake but I took a piccy of it for ya!!

The positive lead is the black with a red stripe...the closest one next to the relay box!!

Hope this helps ya out mate!!

Cheers Dusky.

www.fishingaustralia.com.au

Archived