Brisbane River Session #87, #88, and #89.

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hey Brian

Thanks. Haha, I prefer Breaka Iced Coffee (probably due to a higher sugar content), and I don't think my mate will be willingly picking up a catfish again. I just thought, I've heard of some using similar looking things for Barra up North, so I thought they could possibly go OK. Like you said, I probably couldn't bring myself to use them as a livie either. 

Yeah, it was. We will be back out for more soon though, that's for sure! Thanks for the tip on the light. We will have to decide whether it will be worth it to install a permanent one. Simply because it's a pain in the bum to cast with an extra pole in the yak!

Cheers Hamish

53 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Thanks Brian. Will probably purchase that or one similar in the near future.

5 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Bloody hell Hamish! I’ve read shorter books. Including War and Peace. (Look it up) Lol. Great reports. Keep at it.

Haha, cheers Greg. Glad you enjoyed.

Any luck up at Tin Can Bay?

Hamish

7 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Not really. We have tried just about everywhere. But finally, on our last try at spot number 647 this afternoon we found a spot with some actual live fish. Only one keeper, a grassie, but the bite was hectic, with many undersized cod, Moses perch, squire etc etc. We had a ball! My tan is ten shades darker and the boat looks like a abattoir, but overall a great trip.

Too late now, but for next time, this thread has some marks but you will need to convert to decimals first (Google is your friend here).

22 hours ago, ellicat said:

Too late now, but for next time, this thread has some marks but you will need to convert to decimals first (Google is your friend here).

Just plotted those coordinates. Unfortunately they are all for one approximately three hundred metre stretch of a very unexciting, fish barren river bank, including one which is actually an anchorage. So for others who may follow in my stead, don’t waste the time needed to convert the coordinates.

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Just plotted those coordinates. Unfortunately they are all for one approximately three hundred metre stretch of a very unexciting, fish barren river bank, including one which is actually an anchorage. So for others who may follow in my stead, don’t waste the time needed to convert the coordinates.

Not your fault Brian. Thanks for thinking of me. 🤙

On 08/03/2021 at 8:56 PM, GregOug said:

Not really. We have tried just about everywhere. But finally, on our last try at spot number 647 this afternoon we found a spot with some actual live fish. Only one keeper, a grassie, but the bite was hectic, with many undersized cod, Moses perch, squire etc etc. We had a ball! My tan is ten shades darker and the boat looks like a abattoir, but overall a great trip.

Good job Greg. Glad you had fun.

Cheers Hamish

On 16/03/2021 at 3:49 PM, Jimmyjack said:

Or get a railblaza one with a starport.

Alternatively a good headlight is the $50 rechargeable from Jaycar. Thrws a good beam and lasts an hour or so between recharges.

Thanks Jimmyjack.

On 17/03/2021 at 9:22 AM, Licespray said:

Love these reports, so well written.

Thank you Licespray. I'm glad you enojoyed.

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Sorry for late replies, I forgot about the thread 😕.