Afternoon Delight

Allnighter

Bloody hell. Nice going again.

In other news I took Hamish out yesterday too. We ended up with about half a dozen wobbys and a few grinners. We did the things you have shared with me, but no joy. From Green to Mud then down to West Peel and then Ormiston. Just need to workout when and where. How long do you give it before you move on from a spot ?

8 hours ago, Junky said:

Wow.... I scrolled the pics first and saw the 103cm and thought... NO WAY! 

You had me. 

Still good fish I might add. 

Cheers. 

I scrolled through and saw that

number (103cm) before getting to the pics so thought the same thing. But yep - I’d be very happy with an 82cm also … 😁.

13 hours ago, Allnighter said:

Hey sunny,

The initial hookup and first run is pretty damn impressive on light gear, and we fish in shallow water which seems to make them hit like freight trains. I reckon the shallower you go the harder they run. In summer we go real shallow in 3-4metres and perhaps because the water temp is higher they seem to fight and run harder and for longer. In the bay shallows i compare them to big old 45cm+bream, quite cunning and wary, they dont get bigger by accident, so stealth mode and a whole lot of other tricks are important.

I know plenty of others catch their fair share of bay snapper too, i dont claim to know everything and i hope i dont come across as a big noter - thats not my intention, yes i just genuinely get excited and have an addiction to catching bay snapper and have tried sharing some of my experiences and tips with others on here and a fishing mag without giving too much away,  (although i probably already have) , it takes a lot of donut trips to learn how and when to fish different spots, but either way i'm always learning new stuff and the adventure is always worthwhile!

Yes you're right the smaller snapper are definately better eating.

This summer Brian, Steve @ellicat @Old Scaleyand i are turning our attention to grass sweetlip and tuskies in the bay, can't wait! , and a lot tastier too 🙂

Thanks for sharing with us  your knowledge and secret, solute to you! 

I agree light gears give fish a level ground to fight and make fishing much more elegant sports too...

53 minutes ago, Kat said:

That was supposed to be posted a couple of days ago.  but still applies.but for some reason didn't post!  Anyway I would love to catch my first legal Tuskie (or big snap) so hope Brian or  @Allnighterneeds a deckie sometime soon!

And me. Don’t forget me! 

Although, I don’t do anchors. Or getting more bait out of the esky. Or, well you get the idea.