Schultz Jack Attack on Sunday 16th Dec

Dan23

We have been discussing this in another thread but I figured I'd start a new one.

Kevin, Faulked and I plus maybe Novrain and Rocket75 are going to hit up Schultz early Sunday morning.

Plan is to get there at 4:30am fish under the nudgee road bridge area then as the traffic picks up work our way back towards the mouth on foot.

All welcome to join us

Safety in numbers ;)

P.s. I can only stay till about 9am but the others might kick on longer if the fish are biting.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

head down the highway just as you cross the pine river bridge turn left towards the gateway follow that to the airport turn off take a right on to east west arterial rd then a right up nudgee rd as you cross the small crk look for cars on the right if you get to york st on the left youve gone to far. see you there lee hope fully theres no security there this time mate :P

me and fishyman are really keen to hit up shultz but getting there is a problem. dont spose any of you will be able to give us a lift there we will put in for fuel and whatever else we are just really keeen to hit up shultz with some feloow lure anglers.

if not we might be able to get there by my mum.

so is it lures only? if so WOOHOO

i will have my spinning reel and fishyman will be using a BC. he is looking foward to trying his new homemade lures.

so any offers of a lift could you either PM me or fishyman or just reply in this thread we live in middle park. otherwise we will just have to harass parents.

cheers

Anthony and Tom

pcsolutionman wrote:

ok guys any tips on lures for the area. Il bring my light spinning outfit to throw the usual sx's,pygmies,mirrishads ets, and the BC outfit to throw some bigger scorpions etc, that along with a heap of plastics should cover most bases

Lee

Sounds like a dream selection to me

Bait Bringa wrote:

me and fishyman are really keen to hit up shultz but getting there is a problem. dont spose any of you will be able to give us a lift there we will put in for fuel and whatever else we are just really keeen to hit up shultz with some feloow lure anglers.

if not we might be able to get there by my mum.

so is it lures only? if so WOOHOO

i will have my spinning reel and fishyman will be using a BC. he is looking foward to trying his new homemade lures.

so any offers of a lift could you either PM me or fishyman or just reply in this thread we live in middle park. otherwise we will just have to harass parents.

cheers

Anthony and Tom

Sorry guys, can't help out with a lift but as for lures, Sx40s are proven but it's snaggy so use at your own risk. Plastics will work, also I reckon some 80mm shallow diving minnows would be the best idea if you wanna chase jacks.

Angus wrote:

Guys i have parked there 100 times. I think youll find some recent posts slightly exagerated. Dont hold me to that though :P

If you park up on the main road bit i doubt youll have a problem.

Angus

same. we've never had a problem with our parked car and we've stayed until to 7pm before. But the safer the better so if you want to park else where go for it.

I'm not sure. I always come from sandgate road. I'd say if you are coming from the north that you might have to take the exit for the East West arterial then go right under the Gateway the right again onto nudgee road.

Easiest way from the South is to go up Sandgate road and turn right onto East West Arterial then Left onto nudgee road.

Dan23 wrote:

I was thinking if everyone has a good session on Sunday and wants to do it again we could do our own mini comp for biggest bream or something in future. Anyone who wanted to could throw in $5 and winner takes all.

Just to spice things up a bit ;)

haha sounds bloody fun to me :P

man im exited already and i dont even know if i am definetly going yet

Ha ha,

I'll probably mainly target bream because my BC is loaded with 25lb mono from the classic.

I have a chunky big spinning reel and dodgy boat rod I'm considering bringing for throwing bigger lures. It will look pretty funny if I do but I have caught a 39cm Jack on that rod on bait.

I'll definitely bring my 4lb spinning outfit and throw poppers and my Towadi around to try for some top water action.

Really tempted to break out my Twin Power but I'm saving that for Xmas time to use in my secret super spots that always produce massive numbers of fish.

fishyman wrote:

shortie wrote:
If i go guys i can pick you up. Wont know until tomorrow arvo though.

I will not be able to get you home though as i have to be on North side by lunch time.

are you talking about us shortie??

if so that would be great we have a way hoem just no way there at the moment.

Yep you guys. If i go i will be coming from Forest Lake so coming past you guys will not be a problem. As i said will know by tomorrow arvo.

Richard.

Archived