outboard motor care for the first ever Suzuki 150hp 4 stroke outboard if it ok to have the outboard serviced every 6 months what you think if it worth it on doint that

old.salty mick 1983

hi guys as you are aware in future im going torestore an Haines hunter V17r boat as you knew thiswas really an important topic 

was outboard motor care as im really was a really a important subject was really a need to talk on the outboards im looking at getting in future thiswas the Suzuki 4 stroke 150hp outboard motor care was my reason im talking about thiswas to learn tocare for these new outboards as i knew if it worth the trouble to say have the outboard serviced every 6 months as im really wanted tobe on the safe side even so in case id use my boat for fishing  as i needed was your Advice in future on the care needs of these new outboard motors as you can pass on any comments for this reason im asking was im getting theser outboards in future for the boat im thinking of restoring in future as i feel i needed was your views on the need of good outboard engine care what are your advice on these boat motors as im a 2 stroke man but wanted to learn about these new 4 stroke outboards in this case was really the perfect outboard for my Haines hunter V17r boat i use for fishing as im really are ready to learn about these outboards as well are they easy to care for what are good tips i need to care for these engines and what are your advice on buying theese outboard when repowering a boat i'm gonna restore  in future hope to learn more over time in future as i needed was your views on these outboards can you tell me how i get to care for the boat motors as im new to these 4 stroke 150hp Suzuki's needed was any advice on them motors and advice was really be gladly accepted as im a good learner on these newer outboards as i will loook at other brands as well too say Mercury and Yamaha as these other brands are on my list of good outboard engines as im ready to learn as needed thiswas as im doing my research as of now as i see thiswas really important was my research now thiswas really be smarter thinking for mein my boat engine research in future as you guys was gonna be happy for me to learn and research my boat engines nowas thiswas far smarter to learn to think smarter as i knew rushing makes mistakes thats why im thinking carefully like ever smart boater when buying outboard engines thiswas my smart thinking now

I would stay with std dealer prescribed service intervals, certain things are done on different service schedules. 

Flush well using muffs first, then add some saltaway or salty captain in the last part of the flush. Do not flush the saltaway or salty captain completely out of the engine....shut it down before the solution being added gets rather weak. This is ensure the residual salt pockets thay may be present will get some neutralizing after the shut down.

Some town water supplies are fairly high flow and pressure and could be enough to not let your engine reach running temp and opening the thermostat fully. My water supply is like this. I start the flush at full pressure for about a couple of minutes then i reduce the flow so i can feel the water from the tell tale fluctuate in temperature with the opening and closing of the thermostat. I shut the water off completely a second before shutting down the engine ensuring some saltaway remains in the motor.