caring for my fishing gear atfher a fishing trip what are good steps i can do in caring for my future fishing gear

how i really do care for my good fishing gear say at the end of a good fishing trip 

are there was any good steps id need to do say at the end of a fishing trip say clean the rods of any saltwater and as well too clean the reels are there was any good tips on caring for my fishing gear as im really wanted to learn the basics of caring for my good fishing stuff as you knew thiswas a learning on the care of my fishing gear as im really ready to learn on caring for my fishing gear im really ready to get any good tips on doing the care of my fishing gear as in new to doin this as i see thiswas new for me hope to learn on this 

I pull apart all the reels I use and clean the parts individually, wiping them with a damp, soft rag with only water, to get sand and grime out of the mechanism. 

I wipe down my rods with the same sort of process as the reels to remove any residual dirt or salt spray.

For baitcasters, I sometimes find that the little hole on top of the spool where your line comes out of sometimes gets clogged with some mud or dirt. 

I use a cue tip or a scrunched up paper towel to remove this.

For my tackle i like to wash the trebles of crankbaits and hardbodies so that they dont rust over time and spread it into the other lures where I store them. 

Soft plastics get put back into their packs and my jigheads don't rust so I just either keep them in the soft plastic or keep them neatly alligned in a samaki foam case - these are really great and an efficient to store your lures, jigheads, or vibes. They are expensive for their size and what they really are but the quality is great and they're a cool little product: https://www.bcf.com.au/p/samaki-slit-foam-tackle-case-large/609694.html

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Phil712z said:

Another good tip is to store any reels that are spooled with monofilament line or spare spools of mono line in a dark place such as a drawer or cupboard away from sunlight. Monofilament line will gradually degrade if exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.

Same with soft plastics or hardbodies. I've found that plastics melt or get very soft when they sit on my rods near the window a lot, so that's why i started derigging. Your hardbodies could fade in the sun as well so keep these away too.