Jindalee - Weird and Wonderfull morning! 14/12/07

pinkey

Hey all

Today callum and I decided it was time for another fish, We could only fish the morning wich was low tide cos we wanted to watch the cricket at 1pm, so we went to the jindalee boatramp because it would of been to low to fish at our other spot. My castnet is pretty badly ripped :S, so we just took down some leftover bait from the classic, cooked prawns, frozen castnet prawns and some squid. I chucked a whole cooked prawn on my shark rod with wire trace to see if i could hopefully get a thready, or as duncan did yesterday bullie on prawn. Wasnt to long untill i started getting some good hits and was on. A good fight, i knew it wasnt a silly old catty because the rod was dipping down quite violently, up came a nice little bullie of 78cm! HAHAHA the secret bait for bullies is prawns!.. I only got bad pics of him, i asked callum to take a pic of me holding it but he started getting some bites and attended his rod :blink: so i quickly released him:) . The usual catties set in untill callum had a huge hit on his shark rod again loaded with a prawn ;), this thing was very heavy and had good runs, a good battle and we saw it was a nice sized shark, with some ski lice onlooking i tailed him up onto the pontoon on the second attempt :P we could tell he was our biggest and measured in at 91cm! not bad for on a prawn we thought. We sent him back on his way aswell after a few pics and dental work :P. After that it was just catties and callum managed a very nice male crab that he had for dinner tonight. One other very strange thing happend callum thro the net onto a submerged snag.. but it started coming up slowly and it was heavy, look below to see what it was :P. All in all a great day at the local boat ramp! OH i also had another shark on a live catfish but it spat the hooks about 5 meters from the boat ramp. GOOD FUN.:silly:

Oh plus my friend today caught a nice 80cm bullie on 2 prawns on the 1 hook ahah the sharks are going off!.. Large cooked prawns work best.

time for pics

yeh duncan lol it will probs be on a tiny prawn lol yeh that bike was more then i bargened for in that cast dnt worry it was safely realeased back into the depths further down the pontton though so we dnt pick it up again :silly: was thinking about riding home on the bike till i touched the weel and the hell rustead spokes crumbled lol

kevin, a half blind 7yr old aboriginal foster child, has to ride 12km to jindalee school with 1 leg on a bicycle with buckled wheels and no brakes, he recently rode down the boat ramp hill by mistake and had an accident, give just a small donation of 4 dollars and we'll send you the video..its a fkn classic

Archived