Brag mats

Ash

Hey all,

i really want to get a brag mat real soon. I know some of you have them and was wondering where you guys buy them, and for how much?

Also whether you think there worth it now that you have one.

Ash

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/09/06 16:39

Yeh I have one, but I don't use it much anymore because its a little heavy for carry in my sp bag. I find their only good for fish with some size to them like flathead. I got it for my birthday but I saw it in the shop where they got it from BCF for $23 I think but it was a while ago so I'm not sure. I'll be using it for sharking because its about the right size for that.

Tim

I agree with dom...

I'd love to have one, but certainly not at the price. The reason is that all it would do is measure the size of some fish (and not even to the cm!). I use my cheap ruler for this (althought it's only 40cm - but that's ok.. you can still measure larger with some accuracy).

thansk for the back up terry.lol.................i just think that they are a waste of space and your better off just buying a normal ruler for 5 bucks........and now they have rulers that fold out to become about 100 or so cm's........so i just dont see the point......... but i will admit brag mats do look cool in pics

I'll be getting one for the top of my new esky. But I 'll just get it for legal reasons - oh yeah and awoonga.

But I was thinking just the sticker version 1.5mt long by Wilson (I think) from the bait shop for about $5. It has all the legal size and limits on it.

I got one on the gunwales of the boat but it's a pain to use cause of the angle.

Archived