Evinrude 50hp outboards from the model year say 1998 as im thinking of getting thee outboards in case i get told the new 4 strokes was far too heavy for my Caribbean V14 sea sprite boat what are your views on this as i'm going to restore my Boat

old.salty mick 1983

greetings my fisho friends as i have a question for you do you think a late model Evinrude 50hp 3cyl 2 stroke outboard was really a viable option for my Caribbean V14 sea sprite boat in the case i was told the new 50hp 4 stroke outboards was way too heavy for my boat as this boat i own was built in 1967 and thiswas a Caribbean sea sprite V14 what are your thoughts on the 2 stroke Evinrude 3cyl 50hp models say from the year 1998 as im getting one of these outboards in case im told the Caribbean was cant have a 4 stroke 40 or 50hp on the back due to the boats rarity and the need to be able to have the boat sitting right in the water when outboard was tilted up as im getting a outboard with power trim ad tilt as thiswas really my need was a good outboard that was powerful but was good to have on my boat as im asking you guys when i buy the Evinrude 50hp outboard thats was made in 1998 thiswas my 1st ever 3cyl outboard in the 50hp size as im gonna disable the oil injection as my boat doesnt have room for the oil tanks these outboards need as the boat was not able to use a oil tank in it as thiswas reason i disable the oil injection and run my first ever Evinrude 50hp on premix say 50;1 as im asking you guys thiswas my main worry was getting the right outboard for my boat as im restoring this boat in future and needed was right advice on my outboard motor choice can you tell me am i going in the right path on this now as for the newer 4 stroke outboards im more worried about the newer motors in the 40 to 50hp size thiswas my hope was to learn in future on these outboards before i ever do Commit to buying these outboards in future as i needed was your views on this subject as i knew thswas really my hope id get this right in future thiswas needed was be decided on before i start truly be ready to start restoring my boat in future i will send you a pic of my boat to help on this matter 

caribbean sea sprite boat pic no1.jpg