Help! I've created a monster!

chubbstar

After being nagged all day yesterday and this morning by my 8 year old girl, I took her to the Brisbane River for a spot of fishing.

Well she proceeded to hand me an ass whooping, Chelsea boated many fish, Bream, Squire, a Shovelnose, a cod and to many Catties both big and small. I nailed Moses Pearch, a Pike eel, Bream, Squire, a large Ray and heaps of Catties.

Chelsea started keeping score,to realy rub it in.:blink: I started to teach her The differance in the way fish fight (big mistake). Every fish she hooked was being called out to the world. She even started to tell me what I had on.:ohmy:

But that was'nt enough for her, she demanded to be shown how to bait her own hooks:blink: .

She had a ball, and I was so happy to be there and see her enjoying fishing so much. Now Chels is starting to nagg me about \"fishing tomorrow Dad?\":laugh: I'm stoked:woohoo:

lures010AFO.jpg

lures005AFO.jpg

lures006AFO.jpg

Jayson

:laugh: nice one chubster shown up by your 8yr old daughter dont worry i usualy get shown up by my 9 yr old sister :laugh: i find the best way to get on top of things is to not put any bait on her hook :blush: that way she dosent show me up :blush: or put some of the local weed on her hook telling her its great bait :lol:

Good on ya mate.

My dad and I used to go fishing constantly when I grew up and it really gives you some common ground. If I ever have kids I'll be making murals out of Sx40s :laugh: And hanging the above the cot.

That rod looks a little oversized huh? Maybe someone needs their own rod for chrissy?

Good one chubbstar. And good on Chelsea too. Great day for sure. During the classic I took the boys out with me twice and Dan (8) was just bringing them in one after the other while Mitch and I just kept looking at each other and shaking our heads.

He always does it. About 6 months ago around the Pin I just watched him outfishing the rest of us as usual so I stopped to figure out why, and I think I've got it sussed.

When fishing from the boat as a family we normally all just soak baits. I always tell the boys and wife not to keep winding in so I don't have to recast for them all the time and get to have a go myself. Dan's the least obedient - and that's why he catches more - he keeps the bait moving;) Also he's just a lucky prick.

ellicat wrote:

When fishing from the boat as a family we normally all just soak baits. I always tell the boys and wife not to keep winding in so I don't have to recast for them all the time and get to have a go myself. Dan's the least obedient - and that's why he catches more - he keeps the bait moving;) Also he's just a lucky prick.

I think its his shirt:P

\"I may be undersized but my fish never are\"

:silly:

Well done Chelsea on all the fish you caught. You need to ask Dad now to buy you a rod that is more your size and especially pink so that its really cool, and tell him if he doesnt then you will report him for to me for making you use a 7 foot boat rod with a huge reel on the end that is really heavy to hold with one hand while you wind in the fish..

Chubs >>> Over to you now to get a rod under the tree!....Sorry but 'make hay while the sun shines'.

Archived