Nudgee & Schultz This Morn.

Lozzel

Well not much to report, walked out the boardwalk to the mouth of Nudgee Ck flicking \"Softies\" all the way, out & back. Only lost a few tailes. Had enough of that so went and walked the bank of Schultz, from the fishing jetty carpark to the boat ramp carpark, No good there either.

Headed home and decieded to try under the bridges on nudgee rd, met up with \"username-taken\" had a chat then he went home. I had a flick , from the bridge up to near the barge.Droped a couple of good fish and picked up some monster \"Catties\" , Still gave the light gear a good work out and my legs aswell from all the walking.

I took a pick of this one as she was spewing out eggs when she came in. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0799.JPG

post-742-144598437146_thumb.jpg

Ugly little sucker! and the fish aint pretty either! :D

Good to hear you got something, I should have stuck around for a bit longer.

Here's my bream. The first went 30cm, the second was a bit smaller, but I threw him back in after a photo without bothering to measure. Both were caught on the pictured Chubby which I then sacrified to a snag.

DSC03081.JPG

DSC03082.JPG

sounds like you had a healthy stroll on a niceish morning I also hit the canal for a session as it was overcast and muggy prime jack conditions as I walked I had a flick round a few nibbles but no takers and counted the dead cattys along the bank (do you know any thing ) got caught in a major down pour , got to the barge and would you believe it some so an so had raised the ramps at both ends :( so i fished under the ramp tally for the day 2 cattys medium , 2 bream 1 realy nice specimen 1 average there was a flatty hammering the small fry along the side of the barge and lots of jumping type fish :) no pics today

We saw a family of derros catching catties then slitting their throats and just leaving them in a pile on the banks. people don't realise that annoying as they are, they actually serve a purpose and help to clean up our waterways by ingesting all the crap. If it weren't for catfish our waterways would be in far worse shape.

ellicat wrote:

Lozzel wrote:
Close up of the \"EGGS\" , you could see their eyes in the sac. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0800.JPG

36 + catties in a session:P , good to see you're doing your bit;) :laugh: Love that slime too :pinch:

Just a side note : This girl (still with alot of eggs in her)was released, along with the others.I only keep the odd small one for live shark bait.

I was also watching these 2 blokes (camped on the opposite bank)in a red van, run his crab pots. Nothing went back in all crabs were put into the cooker straight away. Some were very small and prob females aswell.

When we went to Shultz on saturday, there was a much of guys who were slitting the throats of every Catfish that they caught and throwing them up onto the bank to die:angry::(. Dunno why some people have to kill every less desirable fish they catch (like the Toadies on the Shornecliff peir:()

Also, they were using bait. So in total, they probably caught and killed about 20+ Catfish and left them to dry on the opposite side of the bike path:(

Archived