Bullie

blue_mako

Took the Bass gear down for a bit of fun yesterday arvo with Jordan. Sent out a live Poddy unweighted about 15cm long and held the rod in free spool. Saw a nice big v shape shoot across the surface with my line in tow. Fed some line out under the pressure of my thumb for a good 10m before I started cranking to pick up the belly and gave it a solid hook set. Straight away I knew it was a Bullie.

He stuck around the surface and went absolutely ballistic on the light string, lots of direction changes. Hooked him about 10m straight out in front, then he ended up about 30m up the back to the left of me... on the other side. Then within about 30seconds under a solid drag he was about 20m down to the right of me on my side of the creek.

Took a few mins on the light gear and I'll be back for a few more. Can't say I've got too many runs like the ones this guy was displaying on this type of gear. Got a few really really bad pics on my phone I'll post.

Troy [img size=325]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Bullie.JPG

post-68-144598439599_thumb.jpg

Archived