Farewell Amart (I will miss my staff discount !)

Rocket75

If you are thinking about visiting me at the Virginia store, better be quick, cause I finish up there on Friday :cheer: .

Thanks to those of you that have come in and had a chat or bought some stuff over the last year, it was good to meet you and help where possible.

Who knows where I'll end up next, I'll keep you all posted.

Rocket

Wow, that's a shame for me. Now I'll actually have to go into the store to ask the salesman if he has something in stock :laugh:

So will you keep working in the fishing industry? I need a career change, my job is way too stressful, maybe I should apply for your job:cheer:

Thanks guys, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing at this stage, no firm plans.

Had a change in management recently and they had some ideas that I didn't like, so I'm off, their loss! :blush: :silly: .

I am keen to stay in tackle trade at some level, but I imagine the opportunities are limited (other than retail). I will be looking thoughB)

Rocket

Dan23 wrote:

Wow, that's a shame for me. Now I'll actually have to go into the store to ask the salesman if he has something in stock :laugh:

So will you keep working in the fishing industry? I need a career change, my job is way too stressful, maybe I should apply for your job:cheer:

Hi Dan

I don't know how much you earn to go with the stress, but I hazzard a guess you would get much less of both (money and stress) in my old job at Amart! Good work if you can live on award wage and still buy heaps of fishing gear at the same time (is you girlfriend rich?:silly: )

Rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

Dan23 wrote:

Hi Dan

I don't know how much you earn to go with the stress, but I hazzard a guess you would get much less of both (money and stress) in my old job at Amart! Good work if you can live on award wage and still buy heaps of fishing gear at the same time (is you girlfriend rich?:silly: )

Rocket

Yeah, she earns a bit but doesn't give any to me.

Hmm, don't think i can handle a pay cut. Seeing as I spend at least $100 a week on tackle these days lol:laugh:

I tell you staff discount must be better these day than when I was working in sales, When I first started with a "top end of town" Jeweler - staff discount was 5%, rising to 7% after 5 years service.!

With my staff discount that meant stuff was only 50% dearer than Wallace Bishops!

Nastymind wrote:

Put your resume in at any of the Anaconda stores.

I`m pretty sure one of them might snatch you up.

I can`t imagine the pay being much more but the staff discounts and pro deals are alot better than everywhere else that`s for sure.

Thanks nastymind, good idea.

Not sure if i want to stick with retail though...but who knows:unsure:

Rocket

Aaron H wrote:

Thats not bad Brian, when are we converting your backyard into a compost heap:laugh:

Farm was north remember - lucky I didn't get it started yet or it would have floated away.

Rod - it sounds like you're having a holiday. Lucky bugger - do you want ot go to Lenthals for me. :S

Archived