1st Trip To Borumba

Dinodadog

Went for my 1st trip to Borumba yesterday, did not arrive until 7am. I took my neighbour with me he had not been on a dam for years and he realy enjoyed himself, it also helped that it is a very pretty dam.

As he is not a caster we headed off trolling and after about 10mins I got a nice little bass on a purple hot lipps. We then came to toga bay and i noticed a toga surface on the entrance to the bay, by this time it was 8.30am, I had a cast with a s/bait and felt a touch but no hookup. I saw about 5 togas during the morning but I soon realised that early bird gets the worm[ in other words get your ass out of bed earlier]

I had a troll through both lots of timber with no results, then moved out onto the flats where our luck changed a little. Picked up some small bass on brolga lures [like ridgebacks] Had a yarn to a few others in boats, nobody got anything outstsnding, a few small bass were caught on jackals on the flats.

moral of the story get up early [i,ll be back]

fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/dennis.JPG

post-1453-14459844143_thumb.jpg

Yes Stu I will be doing the arvo and morning session next time.

Just noted in my story that it is repeated. I am still getting used to my new laptop,it is very touchie, has windows vista whatever that means. This was also the 1st time I put photos on. So I am learning for an oldfella.

Dino

Archived