does walking creeks produce many bass

Deano

in my experiences walking creeks can be quite exciting, you come across lots of things from wild pigs to angry property owners, but one thing that really matters is that i have found it ussually produces. barra, tarpon, jps, sooties, jacks, trevors, sleepy cod and more. i have never caught a bass, so please feel free to give me some tips and pointers or you can just boast like i do.

cheers

dean

I got my first bass doing this walking the river below hinze cutting through farmers properties got it sight casting great fun I remember I was using the old faithfull slavco bug Might be able to try it again soon since the dam has been over flowing cause the river was pretty dry for a while

DOne the Stanley a couple of times on foot, beautiful river, heaps of snags, just chuck lures wherever a pool is more than a foot or two deep and you stand a good chance. Also be aware once you get one or two out of a pool, thats usually it, the rest get spooked, and time to move to the next pool.

I was talking to the bloke who farms the fishfingerlings we put into Kurwongbah yesterday.

He says once a year he has a gig going into all the remote creeks and rivers between the NSW border and a line about 100k north including lamington national park etc etc stocking all the small waterholes etc with bass. puts 100 odd fingerlings in each hole he has mapped. He has been doing it for many years. So virtually every fresh water stream down that way should be carrying a healthy stock of bass!

Can I have a map please Feral. I'm looking at buying a camper trailer and another yak so we (female and me, not smelly fishermen)can have weekends in the bush. You know those fold down 4wd trailers.

Anyway - map please.

Deano - to stay on topic the Albert River has some land based wild bass fishing. So doe sthe Logan but it's a lot harder to get to.

Archived