Hobie setups

Guy_H

Couple of pics of our hobie setups, I have an outback fish (orange unit) and a mirage adventure fish (the white unit) - thats my mates blue mirage adventure fish. After using / owning several paddle only yak's, I will never go back after having the hobie mirage pedal set up - 8 hour trips are commonplace - pedalling in a heavy current above a school of fish with both hands free for fishing is the go. We also do a lot of crabbing with them, and its not uncommon to have 4 or 5 big bucks running around in the hull (I cant tie them up & its no fun with them in your lap!)

We run the Garmin color 160C fish finders, with a fair bit of custom anchor setups & mounts for various stuff - I'll try to get some closeups of the equipment setups when I get time.

post-839-144598442816_thumb.jpg

pcsolutionman wrote:

mate no problems heading offshore in 3m seas, the SE QLD dealer is at cooroy on the sunny coast. prices for the peddle yaks start at $2200

Lee

As Lee say's - we have been out in some big swell conditions, they are all self draining - the extra power from the mirage drive actually makes it a little easier to navigate the larger swells (IMHO).

The Adventure is much narrower than the Outback - but its a fair bit faster. The Outback has unbeatable storage & rod holder setups though, the Adventure looses the inbuilt front holders (we mount the Scotty flush mounts on the front).

i'll try to get some detail on the fish finder & rod holders we use.

Angus wrote:

Mate in the events youll see there are a bunch of AFO yakers heading off shore from Bribie Sunday the 17th Feb.

Keen?

Angus

Yeah, I'm Keen!:woohoo:

I've been off sick with the dreaded 'Lurgie" since the friday before Baroon Pocket, when I picked up my Yak!

I haven't had a chance to christen it yet!

This is my 1st Yak...so I'm up for instruction.

Exactly where and when on Bribie are we going to meet?

Archived