freddy_mcbob

Hey guys,

My name is Nic and im 19, i am a complete noob when it comes to fishing, but have always wanted to get into it, but i work 6 - 7 days a week so have never really had a chance. I have 2 weeks holidays from work in 3 weeks and have an apartment to stay at for that time at caloundra, so i thought to myself why nto do some fishing. Then i thought, shit i dunno what to do. Like i have fished before, but i was like 12 :dry: - So i figure the internet is useful there is forums for everything, and i found this site.

So if people can help me out with tips of where i can go and fish while im at caloundra, what sort of gear i need to buy. And any other tips you experienced guys would be able to give me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic.

Hey mate, welcome.. coloundra is a great place to stay, golden beach holds stacks of good fish, when you get there, become friends with some of the locals they know everything about the place and can get you on the right track. Coloundra fishing world, close to the boardwalk, will have everything you need and at a pretty good price, also they will giving you heaps of hints and tips ect. good luck

Trevally are good but need abit of time and effort to catch around there, bream are easy and fun to catch there. At around high tide, just use a hook, no sinker or anyhting and put a prawn on that hook ;) and let it slowly float down and you watch your line, when you see it move differently you wind in the slack line and bingo ;), At low tide you may need a sinker ect.

You'll probably be able to get Whiting, Bream and Flathead around that area. With a good chance of Trevally and Cod.

A light set up of a small 2500 size spinnig reel with 8-10lb mono line and a light action 7' rod should be able to land fish like that. If you use prawns or yabby's as bait, you'll get onto a few:)

Archived