Winter Camp Location?

Angus

Hey everyone.

Just throwing something out there.

Steve Wilkes has a new campsite in addition to the one at Hinze.

This one is at Maroon Dam and is by all accounts a very good facility. Plus boats can be left at the water over night.

I just want to get a general idea of who would prefer:

Hinze Dam (Same as last time).

Or

Maroon Dam.

We can of course do both!!

But I thought most would only be able to do one or the other so I wanted to put it out there.

Cheers.

Angus

reefy no mate you can take any boat you want

bretto yeah mate bass and all the others but bass will make up most of the catch

i think moroon will be a better spot with big boats and you cant beat the surface action i was there last week myself and luke got 20 bass all on surface in the one bay

Plastic Man wrote:

i think moroon will be a better spot with big boats and you cant beat the surface action i was there last week myself and luke got 20 bass all on surface in the one bay

That sounds sweet did you make a report? Any photos?

Yes I am working on a saltwater winter event. It is just logistically more difficult. The freshwater one works so well for us at present as Steve's business "Sports Tuition" cover the event insurance wise. Not to mention Steve has access to the facilties and equipment making it possible for everyone.

I have enquired after insurance etc for a bay comp and its substantial. Even more than the Brissy River Classic.

Angus

TerryH wrote:

Ray: how big is that? Are you able to mention a similar sized dam that I might know? Hinze, Baroon ?

No Toga? Bummer... Then again, I haven't caught a MRC either! Will have to try and tick that one off:)

Its not very big I would say baroon or smaller

• 3 weeks later...

Archived