post your pride and joy (reel & rod)

MichaelJ

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

shimano calais 100a + loomis forcelite with a big fish on the other end of line!

I had a play with a Megabass at Fishead the other day Kev, it was a 2-4kg number. A really nice bit of gear, plenty of power in the butt and a forearm support

TerryH wrote:

Currently it's one of those latest Stradics 2500 on a TD Sol rod

I plan to buy a TD Sol for the Sol rod, (or maybe an 08 twin power) and put the stradic on antoher rod

we can match terry :P, i should be ordering mine any day now so when it arrives your more than welcome to have a feel mate if you want.

Rods I have had heaps and still have heaps but as far as reels go the most used and loved would be my Old swedish built ABU 7000 it fishes Surf LBG boat bottom bashing jigging lures the list goes on the most versatile reel I've owned by far

Gaz

Great rod Kev.

I just got a TD A3000 to match my 10-17lb Advantage.

Also love my TP2500 but not that happy with my rack raider.

Soon I'll be purchasing and Alphas 103L and then a nice BC rod to match.

Once that's done I'll get an UL combo for casting weightless plastics. Maybe a Daiwa InFeet??

So much tackle to little time.:P

fishyman wrote:

TerryH wrote:
Currently it's one of those latest Stradics 2500 on a TD Sol rod

I plan to buy a TD Sol for the Sol rod, (or maybe an 08 twin power) and put the stradic on antoher rod

we can match terry :P, i should be ordering mine any day now so when it arrives your more than welcome to have a feel mate if you want.

haha, better yet

if I buy a sol for the sol, a twin power for a custom rod I want to get made, and then put the stradic on this little asian brand rod I want to get.....

Then everything would be sweet:)

My favourite is a Wilson Live Fibre 15-24kg with a Daiwa SLD3 2 Speed which I spool with 15kg mono for the beach sharks. When using in the boat I top it up with braid. Usually 30lb but currently 50lb as I was hopeful of something exciting on the recent charter.

The tip's sensitive enough to detect a 6inch flattie in 30/40 metres of water but the butts strong enough to tackle some larger creatures from the deep.

Archived