Rod Rebinding

Shrimpo

Hi guys just wondering how you get the excess binding/epoxy off the rod from where the old guides were. I have a couple rods that have 1 broken guide or a broken tip and their just sitting in the shed so i want to repair them so im trying to get the old binding off. So how should i do it?

Thanks

Ok random post. Im no good at rod modifying, and for that reason, i was wondering if its possible to post pics of you progress now and future? Im sure it would be interesting from both a "wow thats it is done" or "wait you could do this instead" kind of analogy :)

Sounds like you are on top of it so good luck!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Ok random post. Im no good at rod modifying, and for that reason, i was wondering if its possible to post pics of you progress now and future? Im sure it would be interesting from both a "wow thats it is done" or "wait you could do this instead" kind of analogy :)

Sounds like you are on top of it so good luck!

Angus

its funny you mention this angus becasue, in a matter of weeks i will be doing a build and i plan to make a tutorial type of thing for the site as a few people have requested info on building rods.

it would be good to have a How to section in the forum and make it a sticky or something, i will also be doing a lure makign one aswell if thats alrigth with you

fishyman no worries man.

I will look to add this to forum. Bare in mind, one of the outcomes of my recent post on how to make the website better was the the forum may be crowded enough :P

But Ill PM you about possibly an article style peice?

Angus

Shrimpo wrote:

Fishyman where do you buy your rod building gear from? Can you buy like kits for beginners? Pending how this goes i wouldnt mind trying to build my own rod.

mate i but most of the stuff i use from a shop in wooloongabba called mossops fishing tackle, but now i am startign to look into ordering parts online from websites such as mudhole.com and therodworks.com

Fuji make a starter kit type thing which gets you all the parts, contact Frogleys offshore for a catalogue. If you want you could get a wrapper but me personally i just do it in my lap and it works fine.

Archived