Any info on "The town of 1770"? please

chubbstar

I've heard of 1770 before, I cant remember when or where, But My father-in-Law is coming over from Tassie and has his heart set on fishing/staying there.

Can any members give me some info on this area please? Fishing (shore based) maybe even a good day charter, somewhere good to stay etc.:huh:

Even some good trip you have been on up that way. Absolutely any info possible would be great.:woohoo:

Thanks Jayson

ive never been there jason but all reports ive seen rave about the place.. its just north of bundy and has a great estuary and easy access to the reef s outside.... cant say much more as thats about it from what i know.. pretty place also....

Maxi

awesome fishing off bustard head just up the road from the township. expect queenies on poppers, bonito, mack tuna, spotties on slugs, parrot, grunter, sweetlip and the usual bream off the bottom, depending on conditions. awesome land-based fishing for the intrepid rock explorer. heaps of charters leave from there as well, sure you can find one that will work for ya. any of the rocky points up there hold fish, not great in howling SE though.

bout 3 yrs ago i went on a charter up there, was great we caught heaps, from parrot fish to coral trout, amber jack, sharks.

It was good fishing from a charter. i remember they guy i went with was called glen if u can get him he was real good, sorry i dont hav his number or wat it was actully called.

yer it took bout 7 hrs to drive there ( from wat i remember)

Yep caravan park right on the water. There is a trawler wreck about 6k offshore where you can catch Trevally all day average size 70cm

There is a charter boat that leaves from the Boat Ramp.

close fishing grounds are about 25 k out. Gravel bottom get trout,red emperor, Red throat, grassies, tusk fish. Pleny of school mackeral.

Out wide 60K off shore. Same fish more plentiful.

Bustard Head there are 3 bommies that come out of the water. All sorts of species. If ya dive these bommies plenty of crayfish.

There are also a couple of little ceeks. Mud Crab and Prawn haven.

Dive the mouth of the creeks and spear big Mangrove Jacks.

Not really a family spot as not much to do for Kids and Mrs unless they are very keen fishoes.

Land based i have had limited success.

Pub in Town is an excellent feed.

My next trip October. Currenyly 15 Guys going. And 5 capable offshore boats.

Richard.

uglyfish wrote:

kids can swim at the beach at agnus waters,theres shopping centres now as well...spearing jacks???wheres the fun in that?id rather hook up to one than spear it...

Yeah well, whatever. As you can do the entire shopping centres in less than 1 hour im sure the Mrs will have a great time entertaining the kids after they have had a paddle also for an hour whilst your off fishing.

Plenty of fun in diving and spear fishing. Its amazing what life you can see underwater that you dont realise is even there. And the mouth of the creeks is a safe place to do so.

Richard.

for christ sakes yas are talking about it as tho its shark infested...in all my 30 odd years around that area and ive never heard of a shark attack there...more likely to stand on a stone fish or get hit by a blue bottle..besides the fishing up theres way better than down here...

Archived